News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

would it be wrong to own one of these if I'm a Mopar Nut?

Started by Lightning, March 13, 2006, 07:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lightning

would it be wrong to own one of these if I'm a Mopar nut?

Brunton Automotive's Stalker V6
http://www.stalkerv6.com

I mean, I really like it, the factory/builders are 50 miles away, and I could use it for my deliveries, and as a race car.  The only problem: it uses a S10 for the engine, trans, spindles, brakes, and rear end. (I might see if I can squeeze the 318 from my Chrysler in it though once it's rebuilt)
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

derailed

IMO nothin wrong at all with owning the car except I would see if theres other options besides the s10 engine.

twilt

yeah,  that would make a very practical pizza delivery vehicle.    :brickwall: :brickwall:

Troy

Go sit in one first - in case you can't tell from the pics, they are TINY! Based on the old Lotus Super 7 and incredibly fast too. If you plan on racing it you may be limited in your engine choices.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Silver R/T

looks like fun vehicle, Id stick with ls series for engine though
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Telvis

Doc74

Quote from: Troy on March 13, 2006, 08:00:15 PM
Go sit in one first - in case you can't tell from the pics, they are TINY! Based on the old Lotus Super 7 and incredibly fast too. If you plan on racing it you may be limited in your engine choices.

Troy

I agree, I'm restoring one right now, a Lotus that is, dang it's cramp in there.
Choice of engine here is usually a souped up light 2 Liter engine, like Euro Fords had but the last few years the Suzuki Hayabusa engine gets used more and more and for a good reason apparently.

I'm pretty sure that no matter what you stick in there, it'll be a real low flyer.

Telvis

I doubt I could wedge my big fat butt in one. I would probably look like a Shriner in a go cart.

Lightning

well, I found out there's a Caterham dealer about 150 miles away from me, and the Stalker's build center is 50 miles away, so In a couple weeks or so my best friend (he's a mustang nut, but i'm slowly turning him to the dark side) and I are gonna take a road tirp down to the Caterham dealer to see If I can fit in it or not.  Another neat thing, my new neighbor races Spec Fords (and she's REALLY HOT, and is a model too!, too bad she's married :'() and she was saying that I should be able to fit in a Seven.

Ponch ®

how much do they go for anyway? With an S10 drivetrain, theyd probably be somewhat practical as daily drivers.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

bull

Quote from: Troy on March 13, 2006, 08:00:15 PM

Troy

It's not like you'd buy one sight-unseen but yea, a coworker of mine was dead-set on buying a Nash Metropolitan. He looked all over the place for months online and in the papers for one in his price range. He finally found one, took the money down to buy it and he couldn't get behind the wheel without it digging into his stomach. It was undrivable.

Arthu®

They are not that bad, but than again I like it when it's a tight fit. Ok that doesn't really sound right but I don't know how else to say it. But than again I really learned to drive in a Mini. That might have something to do with it. Btw I am 6'0".

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

six-tee-nine

like Doc said.....here in Europe you see more of these things.....

I know there is a make called "Donkervoort" with looks similar and uses an 1.8 liter in line 4 cilinder from Audi with a turbo on is pressing out 180 HP for a car that has a weight of just 650 kilograms (just over 1400 pounds).
0 to 60 mph takes less than 5 sec's

Afterall they cost a lot of money and you won't even stay dry when it raines......
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

2Gunz

God forbid ypu get into an accident in onel.  Prolly be better off on a tricycle.

Lightning

as for prices, the Caterham Seven's going for $22,650(base) without a engine or tranny, and the Stalker is going for about $16,000 for the SS model (3800 Supercharged Pontiac or Buick), the actual kit itself for the Stalker is $8,900 and the rest of what I quoted is the other parts it'll need to complete. Fortunately they give you the parts list with the part numbers from each of the manufactuers.

The Caterham comes with a convertible top, and the Stalker doesn't. But if I get the Stalker I'll have my local interior shop make one.

bull

Quote from: Lightning 06 on March 15, 2006, 12:57:01 PM
as for prices, the Caterham Seven's going for $22,650(base) without a engine or tranny, and the Stalker is going for about $16,000 for the SS model (3800 Supercharged Pontiac or Buick), the actual kit itself for the Stalker is $8,900 and the rest of what I quoted is the other parts it'll need to complete. Fortunately they give you the parts list with the part numbers from each of the manufactuers.

The Caterham comes with a convertible top, and the Stalker doesn't. But if I get the Stalker I'll have my local interior shop make one.

Heck, you can get the old Ferrari 308s for $25k nowadays.

Ponch ®

Quote from: bull on March 15, 2006, 02:10:08 PM

Heck, you can get the old Ferrari 308s for $25k nowadays.

or a decent Cobra replicar.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West