News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Year One Harnesses

Started by ChargedNJ, May 19, 2014, 02:36:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargedNJ

Man I feel stupid. Thanks bud. Any recco on the best harness for me then if I want to sell this one?

Ghoste

I kind of think you might have the right one.  More importantly though don't feel stupid, I've been messing with these for a long time and there is someone on this site who makes me feel like a mornon every day.
No matter what you think you know, there are a lot of smart mofo's (and I'm not one of them) on this site and they are always happy to help.

ChargedNJ

Oh right. Yea, I only need a different harness if I have AFTERMARKET EI (duh). I had a brainfart thinking I needed a different harness if I had EI in any form. Nice, so I'm good to go! Dude, thanks for sticking with me...I come around slow sometimes, but I do come around! Do you suppose this is a weekend's worth of work? Can a beginner like me install?

Ghoste

Yes, you can do it in a weekend, you just have to be patient.  There are a bunch of guys on here who are a world better than me and their advice would take precedent but I think you can do it.

ChargedNJ

Thanks pal you've been so helpful. It's no nice of you to take the time to walk me through.  As soon as I get my headers and new starter in this weekend, wiring is up next! Is it ok if I direct message you in the future?

Ghoste

You can but there are so many guys here who are way way way better at any of this than I am.

Dino

Since you already have electronic ignition, you can use the harness you have.  It won't take much adapting to work on your system and it's easily adapted later if you wish to change the charging system.

When you have finished the oh so fun header job  :icon_smile_big: put the harness in place and post a few pics of the wiring connectors and your voltage regulator.  That way we can tell you what goes where.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

ChargedNJ

Will do!  Cleaning up the wiring is going to be such a thrill; i hate clutter, lol.  I never thought the headers would be such a pain in the arse; hopefully i can be done with them this weekend so i can move on!  Any of you guys running headers? 

Ghoste

I love having headers on my cars.  The look, the sound and above all the performance improvement.

ChargedNJ

Many benefits, agreed.  Although, i'm still happy i'm doing it, i'm starting to see why folks say they're not worth the effort! Getting the damn centerlink off was damn-near impossible!

Ghoste

ChargedNJ

Dino

I had headers on my 68 383 and run them on my current 69 440.  I do like headers, I merely temporarily change that opinion when I have my hand stuck between them trying to get to something else.   :lol:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Ghoste

You need to drop the center link for big block headers?  What ones are you using?

ChargedNJ

hookers :)  that never gets old

ChargedNJ

omg, i'm really starting to hate headers.  I feel like im probably destroying my car trying to get these things out