News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

lower control arm shafts from Hotchkis

Started by hemi68charger, May 01, 2014, 09:09:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey gang..
Thinking of upgrading my lower control arm shafts on the Daytona. Anyone have any good/bad feedback on these or any other similar product?

Hotchkis#515-3006

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

WHITE AND RED 69

I've been running them for a while with no problems. Some people complain about squeaking from the poly bushings but mine are nice and quiet.   :2thumbs:

Firm feel and PST also sell them for about the same price, so there are a couple choices out there. 

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

six-tee-nine

Dont know about these but i believe the Firm feel ones are drilled and have a greas nipple on them so you can grease the bushings to avoid squeeking. not a bad idea if you're thinking about poly lower bushings
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

polywideblock

I've heard about the squeaking  to  

PST has greaseable  ones to fix problem   have just ordered these  

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

charger Downunder

I would just stick with the factory rubber.
[/quote]

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: six-tee-nine on May 02, 2014, 05:27:29 AM
Dont know about these but i believe the Firm feel ones are drilled and have a greas nipple on them so you can grease the bushings to avoid squeeking. not a bad idea if you're thinking about poly lower bushings

Hotchkis have the grease fitting as well, it's hard to see but the picture shows them installed.  :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

MSRacing89

Not really needed.  Normal polys can be assembled with a small amount of grease and you should never hear them.  I think these new greasable deals are bit gimmicky...... but to each there own.
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/1203phr_1968_dodge_charger/index.html

'68 Charger 440, 11:1, ported Stealth Heads, Lunati voodoo 60304, 3.23 gear, Mulit-port EZ-EFI, Gear Vendors OD and Tallon Hydroboost.

polywideblock

OK so the next question is what grease do I fill these suckers with ?

do I need anything special with the polygraphite bushes  :shruggy:

hemi68charger

We'll see how this goes....

Being that my suspension is relatively new, I just ordered all the polygraphite bushings. I spoke with PST yesterday and everything seems to be plug-n-play without mod's. I'll get the rubber out and get the poly's in..... Along with the beefer torsion bars I've got, my front suspension should be a wee bit different.... Hopefully for the better...... I'm jumping in !!

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

70Sbird

Troy,
I installed the greasable shafts and poly LCA bushings from Hotchkis that you posted the pic of on the green Superbird I did.
He also opted for the LCA reinforcing plares to be welded on.
The bushings were easy to install, just used some silicone grease.
The zerk is also there for future Lube if they ever do decide to get squeaky.
:2thumbs:

Scott Faulkner

Paul G

The poly LCA bushings I recently installed  came with a tube of this clear, super tacky grease. Not like any grease I have used before. So far no squeeks at all. Actually the rubber bushes I replaced were so worn out they were squeeking. Metal to metal.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

polywideblock

that's why I was asking what it is   :yesnod:  I got the "super" poly  front end rebuild kit   from PST and then the poly LCA set  saw the weird grease in the front end kit  kit and though it was not "normal " grease  :scratchchin:

six-tee-nine

How do these work again?
Am I correct if I say that the outer metal shell form the factory bushings stays in the LCA and the inner metal shell goes over the control arm shaft so only the factory rubber busshing material gets replaced by the poly bushing?

I have a pair of these poly PST bushings laying around waiting to go in my front suspension but they came without metal bushings....
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Brads70

I have the firm feel ones and added a grease groove so grease would get all around the bushing.

Paul G

Quote from: six-tee-nine on May 11, 2014, 06:34:02 AM
How do these work again?
Am I correct if I say that the outer metal shell form the factory bushings stays in the LCA and the inner metal shell goes over the control arm shaft so only the factory rubber busshing material gets replaced by the poly bushing?

I have a pair of these poly PST bushings laying around waiting to go in my front suspension but they came without metal bushings....

You are correct. Leave the original metal sleeves attached to the LCA and the shaft. Do not remove them. You just have to remove all of the old rubber bush.

The old metal sleeves would have to be removed if you were going to install new rubber bushings again, since new rubber bushings come with new sleeves. 
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#