News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Modern Bullitt build

Started by keepat, April 30, 2014, 04:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TUFCAT

Very nice looking metal work!  :cheers:

fy469rtse

Holy crap, your metal work skills ,
Geez no sign it was even welded or repaired  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :cheers:
Come over any time I'll put the barby on , name your drink
Time to do a in depth on your next repair, so we can all see how you get it like that

moparnation74

That is talent!  Saving all that original metal along with premier metal repair work performed. :2thumbs:

keepat

Thanks for the comments guys! Welding is a mixture of skill and patience, fortunately I am blessed with a lot of patience to make up for my lack of skill ;-)
Pat

keepat

Received a few pictures of the motor Indy is building for the charger. As soon as the 2nd FAST throttle body shows up I will drive out for the Dyno and bring it home.
Thanks
Pat

BananaDan

*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

TUFCAT

Nice touch with the Bullitt name on the vc's...WOW!  :coolgleamA:

1965gp

This car is going to be amazing!

Again- very nice metal skills!

WHITE AND RED 69

That is one clean looking motor!   :drool5:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

moparnation74

That engine, WOW!    Valve cover lettering is sweet!
:notworthy:

keepat

Quote from: TUFCAT on October 20, 2014, 04:15:59 PM
Nice touch with the Bullitt name on the vc's...WOW!  :coolgleamA:

I'm really happy with how the valve covers turned out, we did the same thing on my son 68 Bullitt mustang (warning mustang picture/video below ;-)
Thanks!
Pat

keepat

I de-torsion bar the charger, as I'm going to use RMS coil over front suspension.
Thanks
Pat

fy469rtse

Third photo down ,
While your welding , close up that slot and existing hole in cross member, your not going to use that and probably run new fuel and brake lines down the other side of those frame rail connectors.
That hole and slot is for these to be added to a stock configured car , on mine I had room to run a new hole to the other side of connector
But great work , I don't think I have ever seen any one remove or even think of de torsion barring the cross member

keepat

Quote from: fy469rtse on October 23, 2014, 05:43:06 AM
Third photo down ,
While your welding , close up that slot and existing hole in cross member, your not going to use that and probably run new fuel and brake lines down the other side of those frame rail connectors.
That hole and slot is for these to be added to a stock configured car , on mine I had room to run a new hole to the other side of connector
But great work , I don't think I have ever seen any one remove or even think of de torsion barring the cross member

I think you're right it would look a lot better welded up, just need to confirm exactly where my fuel lines will run.
There will also be more modifications to that crossmember as to make room for the new transmission.
Thank you
Pat

Ryan

exceptional work, great job  :cheers:
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

firefighter3931

Wow, that is going to be quite the car  :2thumbs:

Luv the engine with relocated coils and custom valvecovers.  :drool5: That ModMan intake with dual throttlebodies looks cool.  :icon_smile_cool:

I see that ICH is using a set of FireCore ignition wires on this build....excellent choice  :icon_smile_big:

Looking forward to seeing this one completed....keep up the great work Pat !  :bow:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

keepat

Quote from: firefighter3931 on October 26, 2014, 09:55:09 AM
Wow, that is going to be quite the car  :2thumbs:

Luv the engine with relocated coils and custom valvecovers.  :drool5: That ModMan intake with dual throttlebodies looks cool.  :icon_smile_cool:

I see that ICH is using a set of FireCore ignition wires on this build....excellent choice  :icon_smile_big:

Looking forward to seeing this one completed....keep up the great work Pat !  :bow:

Ron

Ron,
I like the old-school look of the Mod Man intake just not sure how much hood clearance will be left. I have yet to see any pictures of this set up on a B body let alone a charger.
Thanks
Pat

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

keepat

Added a cross member just forward of the leaf spring mounts. Used a 2" x 1 ¼" "C" channel cut and welded to fit in the floor tunnel under the rear seat. This should add additional rigidity to the chassis without impeding the driveshaft. Torque boxes are next.
Thanks
Pat

WHITE AND RED 69

Nice touch!  :2thumbs:  This car just keeps getting better and better! Can't wait to see more.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

TUFCAT

Your metal fab skills are like WOW!  :o