News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone have reference photos of a/c brackets on 73 400 or 440?

Started by WH23G3G, April 27, 2014, 09:38:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH23G3G

Does anyone have reference photos of their 400 or 440 from a 73 or 74 Charger using the original RV2 compressor? The shop I've got my Charger at now says they can go ahead and get the a/c up and running. I replaced everything when I had the engine out. I did evaporator, expansion valve, rebuilt hoses, drier, pressure switch, compressor, clutch, and a/c harness. However, I think I might be missing one compressor mount on the side. But I'm not sure because I never had any reference photos to go by because it was never on before I took the engine out. The shop said using this compressor there's a lot of vibration at least more noticeable than a Sanden he said so I want to make sure I've got all the right brackets.

69chargerboy

Not sure I would be much help, but I have a 73 Charger with an origninal 318 A/C setup I could take pics if you think it may help...
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

WH23G3G

I think the brackets are all different between small block and big block. The only one that I'm positive I need is the one on the side of the compressor. I have an original road test article where they show a black and white of the underhood of a 73 Charger SE 440 with a/c and I can see that bracket. But I just don't know if it's the same one I have sitting in my garage because I can't seem to actually get it to line up with the brackets I've got on my 400.