News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Engine Hesitation

Started by Drache, April 29, 2014, 04:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

Talking to my cousin about this and he seems stumped.

My dart has a hesitation when stomping the gas pedal. Drive along and stomp the pedal to the floor the engine power drops for a split second then slams you back into the seat.

If you slowly press the pedal it doesn't do this.

Also if a manually downshift into 2nd and stomp the pedal, there is no hesitation.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

ottawamerc

I would say its a squirter problem, if you look down the throat of the carb and pump the throttle do you see any gas get pumped out? (primary side)

Scott :cheers:
This hobby is more than just our cars, it's the people you get to meet along the way!!!

c00nhunterjoe

Type of carb? If its a holley dp, its easy to tune. Upping squirter nozzle sizes and accelerator pump cams will do the trick. If the engine is thirsty enough, you might have to step up to 50cc pumps.

myk

I've had the same problem for years.  Unfortunately the Edelbrock Performer 'carbs don't allow a lot of fine-tuning...

Cooter

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Drache

Quote from: Cooter on April 29, 2014, 08:33:11 PM
Need more info.....

I'll post more when I get the car back.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire