News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

AR500 Magnum 500 wheels size 15"x12"

Started by Mopar Nut, April 27, 2014, 11:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar Nut

I know this might sound crazy, but I have been offered a great deal on 15"x12" 7.5 bs 4.5 wheels. Has anyone used this big of a wheel on the rear of a 1969 Charger? I was wanting to get 17x11 when I was offered these for $150.00 a wheel.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

69white hat

I just ran that wheel through the vexer fitment guide, which I believe works very very well, and 12" with that backspace will be rubbing on the springs pretty badly. With a half inch spacer, they MIGHT fit, but if you hit a bump and the axle moved one side higher than the other, they'd rub. I'd steer clear.

http://vexer.com/automotive-tools/wheelguide

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

69white hat

When I bought my new wheels, I did an amazing amount of research and thought long and hard and asked a zillion questions. I put what I wanted in that vexer guide and followed up on it. I got my wheels and they fit perfect. While I wouldn't go with what it says blindly, it sure does help for quick reference.

Mopar Nut

When I bought my wheels 15x10, I measured the bs with the ordered rear disc brake kit (thickness of the rotor). Well the back rotors turned out a .5" too big (round) for them and had to send the kit back (I was told they would fit with no problem). My new kit from Baer fits inside the wheel with no problem but pushes the wheel out at the fender. I could live with a little rubbing, but I sure like my tires inside the wheel tub.