News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The 20th Anniversary Dodge Charger Registry (TDC) Meet

Started by hemi68charger, March 12, 2006, 10:07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hello all..
Wanted to pass on the info to those that don't know, but TDC (The Dodge Charger Registry) is having it's 20th Anniversary Meet to celebrate the membership of TDC. The event is open to current and future members (paid by May 31st, 2006)... The reason for the cutoff is for logistics and a ballpark approximation of how many cars and people are going to be there. Each membership provides entry for 5 family/guests members.....
Membership to the TDC is $35 and frankly, you'd spend alot more at a national event car show......

Enjoy the fellowship of Charger owners from all corners of this Nation...   ;D

T.D.C. 20th Anniversary Meet weblink

Troy

EDIT:

OK, I just got off the phone with Donna Wooten.... Wayne and the gang WILL be accepting club membership renewals at the gate.  ($35)... They would like to have a head count approximation of people turning up there at the gate in this regard, so please call her at home if you're planning on going...  434-223-1305. She will be at this number till Tuesday when they leave to head to Missouri. After that, you can reach her by cell, but I'm going to hold off from publishing that till after Tuesday the 27th...........

Now, hotels are probably going to be a scarcity..... I'll see what I can come up with..........

http://www.dodgechargerregistry.com/the%20big%20one.htm

Hope to see you all there..................

EDIT2:

... This is in no way an open invitation to "just show up".........   They need our help to make this as smooth as possible....... So, to all !!!!  If you're wishing to go, Please, Please, call ahead.............

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Blue Pentastar

Hey Troy

I talked to Wayne today and things are really starting to take shape. He has several guest's lined up and several more he is trying to get finalized to announce. At this time we are looking at close to 300 chargers at this meet. We are hoping for a good selection of all generations. Also there are going to have members from coast to coast showing up if those that have promised are able to attend. I have been getting positive feedback and a lot of excitment from those I have been talking to. I know Wayne is getting even more anxious than all of us it should be a fantastic gathering. How many of your friends from Houston area are coming do you know yet?

Mike                     :drive:
69 Charger White Hat Special  
04 Chrysler 300M Special
99 Ram 3500 Dually Diesel

duo-stripe

One of Troy's friends from the Netherlands will be there.
Marcel
MoPars overseas...<br />MoPars in the Netherlands

moparjohn

Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

Blue Pentastar

You are correct all 7 plus most of the tag alongs if not all. Can't wait to see everyone.
04 Chrysler 300M Special

Shakey

hemi68charger

Quote from: Blue Pentastar on March 19, 2006, 10:56:38 PM
Hey Troy

I talked to Wayne today and things are really starting to take shape. He has several guest's lined up and several more he is trying to get finalized to announce. At this time we are looking at close to 300 chargers at this meet. We are hoping for a good selection of all generations. Also there are going to have members from coast to coast showing up if those that have promised are able to attend. I have been getting positive feedback and a lot of excitment from those I have been talking to. I know Wayne is getting even more anxious than all of us it should be a fantastic gathering. How many of your friends from Houston area are coming do you know yet?

Mike                     :drive:

I'm planning on being there along with Ken in his '70 C500, another Ken in his 1st gen and hopefully me, if Julie and Mom are doing ok.. Julie's due two weeks before the meet... Whew !!!!! cuttin' it close to say the least.. I heard about the special guests.. This is one of the things Wayne, as you already know, wishes to give to the members........ I think there may be two or three more from the Houston area... I'm sure there's going to be more, especially from the San Antonio area, of which the Piepers will be there.........

Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Blue Pentastar

The Magnificent 7 are theĀ  people with the 7 chargers that made the Charger Road Tour 2005 Madison Wisconsin to Boerne Texas.
Somewhere along the road Someone jokingly called us the Magnificent 7 and it kinda stuck as a joke.

Troy great to hear about everyone whos's coming I know Scott Z. was still looking for a way to trailer My I mean his 69 up here but he didn't sound very promising last we talked.

I hope Mom and baby are doing great by then but I sure understand that some things have to take precedent to keep the peace.

Can't wait to see everyone.

Mike
04 Chrysler 300M Special

moparjohn

hemi68charger

Quote from: Blue Pentastar on March 21, 2006, 04:09:00 PM
The Magnificent 7 are the  people with the 7 chargers that made the Charger Road Tour 2005 Madison Wisconsin to Boerne Texas.
Somewhere along the road Someone jokingly called us the Magnificent 7 and it kinda stuck as a joke.

Troy great to hear about everyone whos's coming I know Scott Z. was still looking for a way to trailer My I mean his 69 up here but he didn't sound very promising last we talked.

I hope Mom and baby are doing great by then but I sure understand that some things have to take precedent to keep the peace.

Can't wait to see everyone.

Mike

Yeah, Scott's not too inclined to go that far..... We'll still try.. Who knows...... If he can find a truck to use, heck, he can rent an AutoTransport.

Keep the Peace?? heck, my wife even offered me to go even if they couldn't...... Yeah!!!! Right !!!!!   lol 
My wife's the greatest when it comes to this stuff.... I just couldn't leave my brand new baby girl and mom behind... I'm praying to GOD that everything comes together and my daughter's first outing is to one of the largest collections of Dodge Chargers the world has ever known other than the parking lot of assembly plants........

Troy
Troy

hemi68charger

OK, I just got off the phone with Donna Wooten.... Wayne and the gang WILL be accepting club membership renewals at the gate.  ($35)... They would like to have a head count approximation of people turning up there at the gate in this regard, so please call her at home if you're planning on going...  434-223-1305. She will be at this number till Tuesday when they leave to head to Missouri. After that, you can reach her by cell, but I'm going to hold off from publishing that till after Tuesday the 27th...........

Now, hotels are probably going to be a scarcity..... I'll see what I can come up with..........

http://www.dodgechargerregistry.com/the%20big%20one.htm

Hope to see you all there..................

Troy
Troy

Blue Pentastar

I believe they are only accepting from those who call ahead . Wayne was very adamant about this when I talked to him last night.

Mike Schrader
04 Chrysler 300M Special

hemi68charger

Quote from: Blue Pentastar on June 23, 2006, 10:39:53 AM
I believe they are only accepting from those who call ahead . Wayne was very adamant about this when I talked to him last night.

Mike Schrader

Yes, but they both talked and realized people are still going to "just show up"......  That was Wayne's plan all along... Like you mentioned, they still wish for people to call ahead and out of respect, people should.... It's a logistical nightmare I'm sure as it is... Any little thing will help.......... This is in no way an open invitation to "just show up".........   They need our help to make this as smooth as possible....... So, to all !!!!  If you're wishing to go, Please, Please, call ahead.............

Troy
Troy

Blue Pentastar

OK if that is what Wayne wants I will go along with no problem.

But Please eveyone try to call first by or on the 26th.

Mike Schrader
04 Chrysler 300M Special

hemi68charger

Quote from: Blue Pentastar on June 23, 2006, 11:52:16 AM
OK if that is what Wayne wants I will go along with no problem.

But Please eveyone try to call first by or on the 26th.

Mike Schrader

:iagree:   Mike, I got that from Donna this morning..... If there's anything different, please comment.. You have the "inside" connection...........

T
Troy

hemigeno

I just chatted with Donna, and I'm "on the list" as a possible.  She just said they wanted an idea of how many were going to show up at the gates. 

Thanks for laying the groundwork on that issue for me, Troy!

Next up:  convincing my wife to call our friends that live about 3 miles from there (near Apache Flats) and invite ourselves over for that Saturday!

:P

Blue Pentastar

Quote from: hemigeno on June 23, 2006, 05:26:30 PM
I just chatted with Donna, and I'm "on the list" as a possible. She just said they wanted an idea of how many were going to show up at the gates.

Next up: convincing my wife to call our friends that live about 3 miles from there (near Apache Flats) and invite ourselves over for that Saturday!

I am glad it worked out for you. Look forward to seeing you there.

Your friends can't live to far from me. I live about half way between the fairgrounds and Apache Flats.

Just a few more days to go.

Mike Schrader
04 Chrysler 300M Special

hemi68charger

Quote from: hemigeno on June 23, 2006, 05:26:30 PM
I just chatted with Donna, and I'm "on the list" as a possible.  She just said they wanted an idea of how many were going to show up at the gates. 

Next up:  convincing my wife to call our friends that live about 3 miles from there (near Apache Flats) and invite ourselves over for that Saturday!

Geno, just tell her your long-lost brother is coming into town and will be spending the weekend in Jeff. City......

See ya there.. Glad you were able to make contact.......... Can't wait...........
Troy

694spdRT

That is good to hear Gene...hope to see you there. :thumbs:
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

hemi68charger

Troy

AKcharger

Hey not a slam at all but what do you get for your "membership fee"
- What does the registry do aside from a few summer shows?
- Why is it diffrent from other Charger groups? (that do not charge fees)
- What does it do with the data collected?

All real questions

Thanks

AK

Blue Pentastar

Ok I will start this answer to your question by stating that if all your wanting to know is what is in it for me. It is a valid question but I would say the odds are you probably have never been to any of our meets.

For your $35 you receive a t-shirt an occasional news letter (when time allows) that include parts and cars for sale and wanted. Info on all the yearly shows. Your money also helps support the website and the computers that hold the database and the one used to run the website.  It can be very expensive to mail out all the info a couple of times a year Tshirts are expensive to mail when it is 300 or more going to separate addresses. Not everyone gets them at the shows they have to be mailed allot of the time. Normally when the TDC has a show they are open to the public. This year it is for members only so that the members can spend more time with the invited guest and not stand in line for two hours in the sun waiting for an autograph amongst other things.

Wayne is a very genuine man and would not take advantage of anyone. He is not perfect but he strives to be the best man he can. He loses money on the Registry every year to the best of my knowledge. I have a little incite on what this one event is costing the Registry this year and trust me he is spending a lot more than he is taking in this year. He does not want me to give out to many details of the expense so I won't get into specifics.

The data he collects is his. He will not sell it or give it out to anyone in whole. He will tell you how many cars like yours are supposed to be out there and how many he has in the registry. It may take him a while to get your info in some cases but it can be worth it.

I hope I have answer your question well enough. If not you can PM me for further clarification

Mike Schrader
04 Chrysler 300M Special

B5 Charger

Will there be any kind of swap area at this meet?   ???

hemi68charger

Quote from: AKcharger on June 26, 2006, 10:45:05 PM
Hey not a slam at all but what do you get for your "membership fee"
- What does the registry do aside from a few summer shows?
- Why is it diffrent from other Charger groups? (that do not charge fees)
- What does it do with the data collected?

All real questions

Thanks

AK

Along with Mike, you can treat the "membership fee" anyway you wish.. Personally, I tell people it's no different than a car show registration fee of which I've paid more to attend multi-model shows where only a handfull of Mopars are there let alone hundreds of Chargers.. Unlike paying a registration fee at a local show and walking away with nothing other than the experience, here you get the largest selection of Chargers in any one place other than "maybe" the mopar Nat's and the parking lot of chrysler's assembly plants during the production years. But, I don't want that in any way to belittle Wayne's accomplishments in maintaining the largest database on the planet concerning Chargers.

Again, When it comes to Chargers, there is NOONE on the planet with more know-how.. He won't go on and on about someone else's car if you ask, but if you ask about YOUR car, he'll tell you as much as he knows and usually, well, more than likely, you'll have to ask him to cease 'cause he goes on and on and on......  :icon_smile_big:      To get more information, you have to pay "you-know-who" alot of money..... And believe me, he's correct the Mopar Guru on a couple of occasions I'm sure and definitely on one I know about......

So, as Mike as eluded to, it's bigger than any one person. The dues help keep things afloat, pay expenses for the maintenance of the website, t-shirts, newsletters, material for the preservation of broadcast sheets, etc......... To me, it's a worthy cause all at expense of a single local car show..

Again, these are only my thoughts........

Troy
Troy

hemi68charger

Quote from: B5 Charger on June 27, 2006, 12:08:31 AM

I don't believe there's provisions for a swap meet area.. Might have something to do with permits and all.. But, I do know from past Meets, people will bring stuff and lay it all behind their cars or sell out of their trunks..... Swap Meet areas at the Boerne, Texas show was usually set to the street side in which it wasn't on city park property.......

Troy
Troy

B5 Charger

As far as the $35.00 fee goes it's a small price to pay to get your whole family into a huge Charger meet.  And you get a T-shirt too.  Try to get your whole family into any other organized car show and buy a T-shirt for $35.00.  The only thing that had me irritated about this meet was the fact that until now you couldn't renew at the gate on the day of the show.  But now that has been corrected.   :icon_smile_cool:

hemi68charger

Quote from: B5 Charger on June 27, 2006, 12:08:31 AM

Now that you mention it, I may take some NOS parts for trade.. Still working on a '68 and '70..........

Troy
Troy

Blue Pentastar

Anyone who is a memeber is welcome to bring parts to sell. We don't know if we are going to have a seperate area for the swap, but you are welcome to bring them and set them by your car.

Mike Schrader
04 Chrysler 300M Special

AKcharger

Copy all Guys, thanks

Actually I went to a meet at a Antitem battle field in Oct of 2004 and had a great time. I spoke with Wayne and his wife and agree they're great.  I thought the TDC meets and the actual registry were seperate so when I saw "members only" I was confused since we didn't pay to attend the Antitem meet.

AK

694spdRT

For anyone that has not attended one of the TDC meets it is hard to explain but, the atmosphere is so much more relaxed than some of the "shows".  I have had by far the most enjoyment walking around and talking to members about their cars. Of course it's always nice when you are surrounded by Charger nuts....much like this site, only in person.  :thumbs:   
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Blue Pentastar

I hope it help to clear up some of your points. their has been a lot of confusion and some misinformation about the meet. I am sure none of it intentional or anything but some incorrect conclusions met come to. We have spent a lot of time just correcting information. I hope every one has a good time.

Mike
04 Chrysler 300M Special

moparjohn

Leaving NJ now- 17+ hours of driving plus fill/pit stops. See you thursday.  I'll be the one WITHOUT a Charger!

MOPARHOUND!

1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

B5 Charger

We need an update!  What's going on down there?  I can't go until Saturday.   :icon_smile_big:

Chad L. Magee

I'm planning on going tonight if I can and I will be there most of the weekend.  I had a bit of a problem with the daily driver that has prevented me from attending so far........
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

Blue Pentastar

04 Chrysler 300M Special