News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Transmission Question

Started by keith88, April 06, 2014, 10:06:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

66Charger440

Very frustrating, but you do own a gorgeous 68 Charger.  That's my dream car and has been for more than 30 years.  I hope to own one in the next few years.  Keep on loving her!

fy469rtse

Keith we have club reg over here , don't you guys have historical reg , ? Is it cheaper,
Hope that $ 1800.00 is not for transmission build , ? If so shop around , guys having you on , it will be new bands clutches , seals etc , shift kit is already in there,
Want to test your converter your self , go start her up and put our foot on brake in gear and see how high on tacho she will go up to without moving
If he's telling you the converter is bad but so is transmission ? , ok put a new converter in and it should make a huge difference,
Hunt around get a second opinion on trans

keith88

I intend to Transfer the registration from the car i sold that is not the expensive part paying the taxes on it is to be able to do that.The car was slipping when trying to move from the beginning.. thought that was a converter issue to start with they took the transmission apart to see what they had inside and found the other issues. As far as the cost the main cost is labor over a grand and some hard parts that need to be replaced. I did look at other possibilities and this was the cheapest way out believe it or not.
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

fy469rtse

Good luck with it Keith , very nice car , just a bump in the road, once this is done you will get to enjoy it, fixing all the little things is half the fun of owning these cars ,
You're got a jump on most owners like me, 4 th year into my build , hasn't hit the road yet , when it does will be the cars first time since 86

keith88

Thanks, guess the good news is at least i know the trani will be good. And the shop that is doing it is letting me use there repair plate to take it home on and get a vin check to save me money on having to get a temp plate to do so. Otherwise there would be a tow charge and temp plate added to the cost.
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

keith88

Got the car back from the shop this morning the trani is all fixed 1st time i have gotten to drive it since i bought it , the shop let me use there plate to get it home with. On the way home i was able to do the vin check so know i can transfer my plates and get it registered. Tomorrow might attempt to chance out the distributor to the ready to run hei unit i bought for it. :drool5: