News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hydroboost plumbing pic

Started by lasvegas69charg, April 20, 2014, 10:27:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lasvegas69charg

Hi. I'm currently installing my hydroboost and would like to see a reference pic of how others ran the plumbing lines. Thanks in advance.
69 dodge charger 383/727/3.55 (my dad is the original owner-matching number) stroked to a 496😉

fy469rtse

Me too, can you start a thread on you fitment for me and others that are considering hydroboost too,
I would like to see lots of photos on this also

lasvegas69charg

yes i will do a tech write up along with pics. 
69 dodge charger 383/727/3.55 (my dad is the original owner-matching number) stroked to a 496😉

WHITE AND RED 69

I angled all the hoses to run underneath the master cylinder just so they were mostly hidden and they are held together with a billet hose clamp that came in the kit. But there isn't much you can do to hide the hoses since the box and pump are so close.

Not the best pic but you can see where the hoses were routed under the master cylinder. 
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

bill440rt

Mine are routed similar to Clayton's. I went down and under the frame rail though, up from the bottom to the P/S pump to keep them tucked away better. Just have to be careful of routing them away from moving suspension parts.
I'll try to get some pics up soon.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

six-tee-nine

White and red & Bill

Did'nt you guys need to use the reinforcement plate between your firewall and the hydroboost unit? I mean the big black plate where normally the vacuum booster sits on. If not needed I could weld some additional holes shut and grind off that long bolt sticking out the firewall....
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

bill440rt

The original backing plate is not used or needed. The hydroboost unit comes with a billet plate that takes it's place.
I left the stud sticking out & used it to mount a wire loom to hold some of the wiring/hoses with.

I'm late to the draw, but I'll get some pics posted very soon.  :2thumbs:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

bill440rt

OK, here are some pics how I ran my lines. Here is a shot also of how the stud was utilized. I found a large D-ring wire retainer, and used that to secure the wires/hoses since the original bracket & original retainer are no longer used.
The lines come off the M/C, and run back down the firewall.
Then, they are secured to the frame rail & run behind the splash shield that is attached to the frame rail. Then, they run alongside the P/S box. Just be careful to stay away from the control arm mounting point. They then exit & go up to the P/S pump.
Pics are a little dark, hope you can make this out OK.

bill440rt

A few more.

lasvegas69charg

six-tee-nine

Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...