News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

the 7 vs 8" rim debate

Started by c00nhunterjoe, April 25, 2014, 02:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c00nhunterjoe

I had been toying between a 7" or 8" rim for the front of my car. I planned to run a 245/60/15 and heard people run them on either width rim. I have 2 7" vectors and 2 8.5" vectors so i had options. I decided to run the 8.5's. That was the much better choice. The tire fits the rim so much better.
  As for clearance. They would have cleared my car 100%, except they are still gm pattern and i happened to have a pair of adapter/ spacers that push them out about 1.5". The extra width looks awesome on the car, however, the tire just caught the front lip of the fender. Being i had already patched the fenders i wasnt worried and trimmed/rolled to accomodate. It didnt take much.

c00nhunterjoe

c00nhunterjoe

myk

I ran the exact same tire size on a 15x7 rim.  Good job, they look good...

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."