News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Help can't get my delorean up to 88

Started by fy469rtse, April 23, 2014, 03:24:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fy469rtse

Help guys asked John kunkel this awhile ago , only because he knows everything , and if he doesn't know Ron will ,
I'm having trouble with my delorean ,
Wired everything, flux capacitor check , uranium check , Costco tyres check , premium unleaded check, how'd I get the uranium, haven't you heard it's everywhere here, it's on the ground waiting for you to pick it up , secrete ingredient in vegemite ,
can't seem to get her up to 88 to time travel , almost getting 1.1 jig awatts, I think I've got the blender on the boot wrong , mister blender ? Mr juicer , I think the food scrap blender part is wrong ,
I just desperately want to go back it time to stop me buying this car, I want to arrive just in time to slap myself and tell me you need to get your head read, then I'm going back further buying myself a couple brand new hemi cars ,going to google where to build a sealed concrete pit where I can recover these cars back in the future , one owner , technically still under warranty, never registered for road use , any one know the correct blender to use ? While I'm back there going to sneak the time capsule 57 Plymouth out that pit and substitute an omni in there , imagine the headlines that would have made, instead of Chrysler guys going what a shame , yes loosing my mind  %#€& car

Mytur Binsdirti

But if it can get you to 69, you've got it licked.

kab69440

Replace the uranium with plutonium, as it was originally designed for. Tsk, tsk. Everyone thinks he / she is an engineer these days. Oh, and there is no blender to be found. If your car happens to be equipped with the very rare prototype 'Mr. Fusion' option(yeah, riiiiiight...) no enriched isotopes are required. Sheesh.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Cooter

Rust deposits on laminated disc in Flux Capacitor.
May need to run continuity test between time circuits and Flux capacitor as well.
Also, don't forget to adjust/tighten hyper drive band in multi-stage Hyper Drive unit.

Have seen alot of Delorean with electrical problems after interrupting the space/time continuum.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

TUFCAT

Dino

Quote from: Cooter on April 23, 2014, 06:38:24 AM

Have seen alot of Delorean with electrical problems after interrupting the space/time continuum.

Have seen a lot of those with electrical problems before interrupting it as well.  Not the best designed car in the world.   :lol:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

JB400

Have you actually got it up to 88 before?

Chad L. Magee

The main problem is that you need to upgrade to an annihillation reactor core instead of an fusion reactor core (so 1980s).  Your fuel in this case would be positrons from a radioactive aluminum disk and electrons from the cores casing.  The net effect is 511 KeV photons per particle during the process.  (It can be turbocharged by excitation of both particles to higher energy levels, but power control must be maintained during the reaction.)  Make sure you get the right EM converter installed or you will be stuck with too much energy output for your application (ie. cooked human inside car issue).  Let me know if you need more info before you continue onward toward the past....
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

lukedukem

Quote from: fy469rtse on April 23, 2014, 03:24:40 AM
Help guys asked John kunkel this awhile ago , only because he knows everything , and if he doesn't know Ron will ,
I'm having trouble with my delorean ,
Wired everything, flux capacitor check , uranium check , Costco tyres check , premium unleaded check, how'd I get the uranium, haven't you heard it's everywhere here, it's on the ground waiting for you to pick it up , secrete ingredient in vegemite ,
can't seem to get her up to 88 to time travel , almost getting 1.1 jig awatts, I think I've got the blender on the boot wrong , mister blender ? Mr juicer , I think the food scrap blender part is wrong ,
I just desperately want to go back it time to stop me buying this car, I want to arrive just in time to slap myself and tell me you need to get your head read, then I'm going back further buying myself a couple brand new hemi cars ,going to google where to build a sealed concrete pit where I can recover these cars back in the future , one owner , technically still under warranty, never registered for road use , any one know the correct blender to use ? While I'm back there going to sneak the time capsule 57 Plymouth out that pit and substitute an omni in there , imagine the headlines that would have made, instead of Chrysler guys going what a shame , yes loosing my mind  %#€& car

if you go back in time to stop yourself from buying the car, what does that do to the space time continuum? how would you get back?
it's to much for my brain.

luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Dans 68

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on April 23, 2014, 04:02:07 AM

But remember, like working for the Mafia, one slip of the tongue and you're in deep s***.   Just saying....

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

fy469rtse

Ah , mr fusion, anyone got a spare,
Ghoste you were right , rust on the contacts , got new fuel ! Plutonium, was missing the dog , ballast weight in passenger seat , wasn't getting the right traction ,
All working because I forgot also to backhand the time circuits , I will see you guys back on here in a few days with my zero miles survivor hemi cars, oh wait it will be my first time posting on here , newbie to the forum, with two as new hemi cars

XH29N0G

More mundane - spent some time figuring out how to fit flux capacitor and back to the future into a scientific paper.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Ghoste

You mean Cooter, he was the one who knew rust on the contacts.  I would have guessed something like the warrenty on the Mr. Fusion being up and it was an appliance of planned obsolescence.

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

bill440rt

Be sure to check the muffler bearings.  :yesnod:
Also make certain the valve stem caps are properly torqued to spec.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

cudaken

Stick a 6 71 on it, over drive it 50% and you are back in the past with a blast! Make sure you take Gold, current money will look funny. Other wise we will see you for the first time tomorrow.
I am back

fy469rtse

Damn , I'm back it didn't work , over zealous with sales man, he looked at me like I had robbed a bank, ordering two 68 hemi chargers, and ticking all the boxes for every option, kept staring at my clothes, my neighbours golf clothes were the best I could come up with, kept disappearing and talking with others at the dealeship,
Hospital van pulled up out front, police and all
Ran , will try again , 12 week wait on cars , one 4 speed , 1 auto, I think what made him think i was crazy, tried to put a deposit down on two hemi daytonas, that don't exist yet , and in colours that don't exist yet , trying special paint code 999, tanked the delorean up on Sunoco high , leaded fuel , gets up to 88 like you wouldn't believe , so set the time curcuits to 12 weeks later, go check on my cars , $ under ten for both , no delivery charge, going to drive these suckers off the lot , wheels spinning ,sideways

Ghoste

Mikesmoparperformance

MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

Mike DC

Quotealmost getting 1.1 jig awatts

Wait a minute, here's your problem - it's 1.21 jigs you need.  Don't you remember what doc Brown said? 

Cooter

Great scott!!! Who knows if they have cotton underwear in the future.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

JB400

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on April 24, 2014, 11:18:37 AM
Quotealmost getting 1.1 jig awatts

Wait a minute, here's your problem - it's 1.21 jigs you need.  Don't you remember what doc Brown said? 

Grandpa hit him with the car.  It's probably not ringing a bell.

Tilar

Quote from: Dans 68 on April 23, 2014, 03:29:44 PM
Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on April 23, 2014, 04:02:07 AM

But remember, like working for the Mafia, one slip of the tongue and you're in deep s***.   Just saying....

Dan

So working for the mafia is like performing oral sex on a fat woman?  :shruggy:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Ghoste

Well, you shouldn't talk about either one so...