News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"Navy Sixes"

Started by Drache, April 22, 2014, 09:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

Quote"There was one time, I was being pursued by seven men. I turned Ol' Bo around and taken them reins in my teeth, I rode right at them boys firing them two navy sixes I carry on my saddle. Well, I guess they was all married men who loved their families as they scattered and run for home. You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many is with him. He thinks about himself and how he might clear of the wrath that is about to set down upon him."

~Rooster Cogburn

My Civil War era 1851 Colt Navy .36 cap and ball along with my brand new Cimarron 1851 Colt Navy in .38 Special
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

sanders7981

Very nice!  I have always wanted an old revolver.  I do have two nice 1911s to fill the void.

dual fours

Nice navies, although I like the oil finish over that red stain and varnish look.
Leech and Rigdon here, with a smidgen of .45 long colt, .44WCF and .45-70 Gov.
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

Drache

Quote from: sanders7981 on April 22, 2014, 11:25:21 PM
Very nice!  I have always wanted an old revolver.  I do have two nice 1911s to fill the void.

I'm more of a modern sidearm guy myself, it's what I've been trained with. But having a real Civil War pistol really wanted me to get one I could shoot. I started looking into the Cowboy Action Shooting and started to get interested.

I must say there is nothing like the sound of a cocking hammer on a single action revolver  :icon_smile_big:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Drache

QuoteBilly Clanton: "Why, it's the drunk piano player. You're so drunk, I bet you can't hit nothin'. In fact, you're probably seeing double."

Doc Holliday: "I have two guns, one for each of ya."

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

John_Kunkel

Best I can come up with is an Italian copy, Pieta Navy 1851 in .44 cal.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

sanders7981

I am with you on that!  I'll get one someday, just got another 1911 and fixing to get an awesome 3-gun match ar.  That will eat my gun budget for a little while.

Drache

Quote from: John_Kunkel on April 23, 2014, 02:04:36 PM

Colt Navy in .44?

Cimarron are Italian copies as well :D
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

dual fours

Quote from: Drache on April 23, 2014, 09:01:54 AM
Quote from: sanders7981 on April 22, 2014, 11:25:21 PM

I'm more of a modern sidearm guy myself, it's what I've been trained with. But having a real Civil War pistol really wanted me to get one I could shoot. I started looking into the Cowboy Action Shooting and started to get interested.

I must say there is nothing like the sound of a cocking hammer on a single action revolver  :icon_smile_big:
SASS ,FCD :2guns:
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

dual fours

Quote from: Drache on April 23, 2014, 02:11:07 PM
Quote from: John_Kunkel on April 23, 2014, 02:04:36 PM

Colt Navy in .44?

Cimarron are Italian copies as well :D
All I can read on the barrel is BLACK POWDER ITALY 44 CAL and it has a brass frame, nice engraving.
Woops it's not ITALY, looks more like ONLY :slap:

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

Tilar

Quote from: Drache on April 22, 2014, 09:20:19 PM
Quote"There was one time, I was being pursued by seven men. I turned Ol' Bo around and taken them reins in my teeth, I rode right at them boys firing them two navy sixes I carry on my saddle. Well, I guess they was all married men who loved their families as they scattered and run for home. You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many is with him. He thinks about himself and how he might clear of the wrath that is about to set down upon him."

~Rooster Cogburn

I remember an interview with someone asking John Wayne why he always carried Colt .45's in his movie scenes, His reply: "Because they don't make a 46".  :cheers:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Drache

Quote from: dual fours on April 23, 2014, 05:03:11 PM

All I can read on the barrel is BLACK POWDER ITALY 44 CAL and it has a brass frame, nice engraving.

Odds are it's an early Uberti. They are pretty well made
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

ACUDANUT

I'll take a 1911 any day, than a revolver.

Drache

Quote from: ACUDANUT on April 23, 2014, 06:57:49 PM
I'll take a 1911 any day, than a revolver.

I'm an automatic guy myself buy one thing about revolvers, they don't jam  :icon_smile_big:

These two are the only revolvers I own simply because of the history behind them.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

polywideblock

I'm an automatic guy myself buy one thing about revolvers, they don't jam  icon_smile_big

but the black powder ones  do chain fire      :yesnod:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Drache

Quote from: polywideblock on April 23, 2014, 11:25:55 PM
but the black powder ones  do chain fire      :yesnod:

But the one Im shooting is cartridge  :nana:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

polywideblock

:2thumbs: noticed one was 38 special   
is that calibre compatible with western action shooting ?
  thought you had to have an "old fashioned " round in both revolver and lever action  :scratchchin:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Mytur Binsdirti

Below is a pair of of 69's....

And these guns that are obviously having a sword fight with each other,,,,,

dual fours

Quote from: polywideblock on April 24, 2014, 01:19:42 AM
:2thumbs: noticed one was 38 special  
is that calibre compatible with western action shooting ?
 thought you had to have an "old fashioned " round in both revolver and lever action  :scratchchin:
Answer to your first question, if you are concerning "Single Action Shooting Society", yes.
Answer  "    "   next thought. The rifle must be of pistol caliber. Most shooters of this small caliber use .38 cal. (LC or SPECIAL). For reference the .38 Short Colt,SC (for C&B conversions after The War Between The States),.38 Long Colt, LC (1875), .38 Special (1898).  

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

draftingmonkey

Very nice Drache. I have a few 1911's and a Ruger Blackhawk in .45LC. Been looking at some of the Pietta's offered through Cabela's. Would be fun to join my pappy when he does some black powder shooting. Some I have been looking at; Dance & Brothers .44, 1858 New Army Buffalo .44 w/12" barrel, and a 1858 New Army Target Carbine .44.
Mytur Binsdirti those are a couple of nice pistols. Any info on them?

Bob T

This one is Navy also  :icon_smile_big:
1993 5''
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

draftingmonkey

Quote from: Bob T on May 03, 2014, 05:26:53 PM
This one is Navy also  :icon_smile_big:
1993 5''
I'll see your Navy 5" and raise you a set of Navy 16"

Bob T

Well Done good Sir, I cant top that  :lol:

A 16 would make a big hole  ;)

I'll put a link up for a deployment clip
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

draftingmonkey

Quote from: Bob T on May 03, 2014, 05:58:34 PM

That would be cool. My uncle served on the Iowa in '45-46 was on board when the surrender was signed in Tokyo Bay and brought home an Arisaka. Sat unfired until January of 2013 when I took it and pappy to the range to see how she fired. With no adjustment to the sights was nuts on at 100 yards. Not bad for a firearm that sat unused, other than played with by a bunch of kids, for nearly 60 years.

Bob T

Quote from: draftingmonkey on May 03, 2014, 06:22:42 PM
Quote from: Bob T on May 03, 2014, 05:58:34 PM

That would be cool. My uncle served on the Iowa in '45-46 was on board when the surrender was signed in Tokyo Bay and brought home an Arisaka. Sat unfired until January of 2013 when I took it and pappy to the range to see how she fired. With no adjustment to the sights was nuts on at 100 yards. Not bad for a firearm that sat unused, other than played with by a bunch of kids, for nearly 60 years.

Wow, thats a piece of history right there. Look after it  :2thumbs:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.