News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'71 Dart Swinger, mean or silly looking?

Started by Drache, April 22, 2014, 11:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

If you do get it, put the 68 Hemi dart hoodscoop on it. :yesnod:

Drache

Quote from: JB400 on April 23, 2014, 10:29:00 AM
If you do get it, put the 68 Hemi dart hoodscoop on it. :yesnod:

I was thinking the 6 pack scoop might look slightly better than the Hemi  :scratchchin:

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

JB400

Choosing the Hemi hood scoop, you could paint it black, silver, or the red and have it look like it was designed for it.  Choosing the 6 Pack, you'd just about have to paint it the red.  It could look like a cheap add on afterthought if you painted it black or silver, unless maybe making it into a Shaker setup :scratchchin: instead of bolting it into the hood.

1974dodgecharger

I still say no no matter what he has in it brakes stuff I can do easy peezy.  If he had a hemi under there sure....then 18k take my money.

Quote from: Drache on April 23, 2014, 08:42:13 AM
Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on April 23, 2014, 02:07:30 AM
drache,
I hope your being sarcastic about the 18k, seriously we can all at least agree on here 100% as forum members its not a 18k car.  MAX on a sunny day 8k car....

I think you're the one being sarcastic  :nana:

The engine, rear end, end front disc brake kit would be worth $8k.

I got $7k for my '67 Dart GT that needed a restoration.

polywideblock

why does everybody overlook one of the nicest scoops to ever come out of mopar    :scratchchin:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Ghoste

I always preferred the separated twin scoops on those cars myself.

Drache

Quote from: polywideblock on April 24, 2014, 04:10:12 AM
why does everybody overlook one of the nicest scoops to ever come out of mopar    :scratchchin:

Not sure that scoop would be tall enough to go over the intake  :shruggy:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

polywideblock

tan top

Quote from: polywideblock on April 24, 2014, 04:10:12 AM

:coolgleamA: :2thumbs: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

SRT-440

My '71 has a flat black 6-pak lift off hood...looks great..doesn't look unfinished. The Superbee's and the Hemi Darts had the same treatment. It's all in the eyes of the beholder.  :2thumbs:
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

Drache

Slowly making my way south to go look at it tomorrow.

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Paul G

Good luck with the negotiation. I hope you take it home.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

Drache

Quote from: Paul G on April 24, 2014, 06:59:54 PM
Good luck with the negotiation. I hope you take it home.

Seems the car is well known and the owner is also well known for the body work he does on cars in his city.

That can be a good sign.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Drache

So I got the car for $18,000. The car is structurally sound. The wheels on the car are worth about $440 each plus the tires which are $300 each so I'll sell those to buy the 15" wheels for that car.

The car has a LOT of power and I love it. I couldnt stop for gas or food without someone running up to ask a bunch of questions.

The owner gave me receipts for every part or work done to the car. $6,800 for the motor if I remember reading the receipt properly, $3,200 for the rear end, list goes on.

It's a pleasure to drive until you have to gas that damn thing up with premium  :rofl:

The 18" wheels dont look as bad in person as it does in the pictures but they will go. I'm loving everything else about the car, including the paint. It's not a show car, it's a really nice driver. I even love the B&M ratchet shifter  :nana:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

JB400

polywideblock

:woohoo:   :cheers:    now you are gonna have to make that choice about hood scoops    :scratchchin:

Drache

First step is to get rid of the low profiles and the 18" wheels
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Lighthorseman

Congrats, Drache.   :cheers:  Make sure you post updates...with pictures!   :2thumbs:

Drache

Few hiccups. The speedometer decided to quit. The guy said he replaced it with a new cable the day before I got there so I'm hoping he didn't tighten it enough at one end. The other is I think the kickdown linkage needs to be tweaked. When you stomp the peddle there is a big one second delay before you get pasted into the seat.

Other than that the gas milage sucks  :2thumbs:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

bill440rt

Congrats!  :cheers:

Doesn't look like a bad car at all.
My  :Twocents: ?
Wheels look good, maybe just lower or change the stance a bit. Find a hood scoop you like to cover up or get rid of the chrome snorkel thing, and lose the tail stripe (it breaks up the flow of the 2-tone paint scheme).

But it's your car, have fun with it!  :2thumbs:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Drache

Quote from: bill440rt on April 26, 2014, 08:30:39 PM
Congrats!  :cheers:

Doesn't look like a bad car at all.
My  :Twocents: ?
Wheels look good, maybe just lower or change the stance a bit. Find a hood scoop you like to cover up or get rid of the chrome snorkel thing, and lose the tail stripe (it breaks up the flow of the 2-tone paint scheme).

But it's your car, have fun with it!  :2thumbs:

I'll order the tires monday when I take the car to my cousin to figure out the speedometer problem and to help me tweak the kickdown linkage.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

polywideblock

maybe just change the stripes colour , check out Aug. mopar action" rammed dart  " :Twocents:

Drache

Quote from: polywideblock on April 26, 2014, 09:01:21 PM
maybe just change the stripes colour , check out Aug. mopar action" rammed dart  " :Twocents:

Yeah I was talking to the owner of that Dart on FABO  :2thumbs:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Drache

After driving the 5 hours home yesterday I found a Toyota Prius in the grille of my new Dart. I let it go back into the wild but I'm not sure if it will survive in this strange environment so far from home....
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire