News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'71 Dart Swinger, mean or silly looking?

Started by Drache, April 22, 2014, 11:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

Quote440 auto
engine was built and dyno tuned by K&S machine in Kelowna under 1000 miles
Aluminum heads,comp cam,Keith Black pistons 10.6-1 all parts are new
Moser fabricated rear end 391 posi
Willwood front disc brakes

way too much to list.

$22,500
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

JB400

Outside of the scoop, not a bad looking car.  Now, if it had a blower under that scoop :scratchchin:  Blacked out firewall :P

bakerhillpins

Looks Foose inspired.

Not silly but not my tastes.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

SRT-440

Looks good to me...the scoop doesn't look "bad" just not a fan of anything thats not a blower coming thru the hood. Over all a nice looking dart!  :2thumbs:
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

tan top

put 15 inch rallye wheels on it ,  take the hood scoop thingy off , & give it a stock type , color repaint , change the steering wheel  :P   :scratchchin: :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Kern Dog

A black engine bay ruins it. It seems to me that if someone goes to the trouble to restore a car AND do an engine swap, they must have taken short cuts elsewhere if they skipped repainting the engine bay.

Mytur Binsdirti

Cooter

I can't understand big wheels and rubber band tires with all that torque. Never gonna hook even around curves, but I guess that m usta been why the older guys laughed at my 67 with air shocks and big block too.

Not my thing. Two tone belongs on Suburbans.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Drache

Quote from: Cooter on April 22, 2014, 02:49:38 PM
I can't understand big wheels and rubber band tires with all that torque.

I will agree with that. 18" tires on these cars just don't work.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

cudaken

Does not do a thing for me! Well it does one thing!  :puke:

Repaint, dump the Chevy Air Cleaner Blower want to be and give the wheels back to the 75 Caprice they came from with some work it would be OK.
I am back

Drache

Quote from: cudaken on April 22, 2014, 05:52:55 PM

Does not do a thing for me! Well it does one thing!  :puke:

Repaint, dump the Chevy Air Cleaner Blower want to be and give the wheels back to the 75 Caprice they came from with some work it would be OK.

I dont mind the paint. Too many plain jane looking cars  :icon_smile_big:

Wheels would be gone instantly, back to 15's.

As for the air cleaner, it's different although a hood with a proper scoop is needed.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

1974dodgecharger

sits too high for big rims, two tone paint not my liking, black engine bay who cares you know all you old dudes did the same damn thing back in the 60s and 70s can care not to admit it, among those things I would buy it for 5k if I had the cash.  :icon_smile_big:

Drache

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on April 22, 2014, 09:29:53 PM
sits too high for big rims, two tone paint not my liking, black engine bay who cares you know all you old dudes did the same damn thing back in the 60s and 70s can care not to admit it, among those things I would buy it for 5k if I had the cash.  :icon_smile_big:

Well Im gonna go look at it. Like I said before if the car is in really good shape then I'll make an offer of $18,000, throw out those nasty tall wheels and get a hood with a scoop.

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

DadsCharger00

Quote from: Drache on April 22, 2014, 09:36:33 PM

Well Im gonna go look at it. Like I said before if the car is in really good shape then I'll make an offer of $18,000, throw out those nasty tall wheels and get a hood with a scoop.

So I'm confused....what kind of car do you want Drache? It's a dart one day, a charger another day....are you just wanting a car in general? I mean, all the power to ya no matter your choice....but just confused I guess

Drache

Quote from: DadsCharger00 on April 22, 2014, 09:44:37 PM
So I'm confused....what kind of car do you want Drache? It's a dart one day, a charger another day....are you just wanting a car in general? I mean, all the power to ya no matter your choice....but just confused I guess

I was looking for a new mopar simple as that. Something that didn't need "restoration" or major work.

That '70 Charger was not worth the $30,000 sad to say. And the only reason I might have spent that much was because it was a Charger, otherwise my budget was only supposed to be $20,000.

This car I should be able to pick up "cheaper" than everything else I've look at and fills all the needs of something I'll enjoy:
Big Block
Suregrip
Buckets
Floor Shift Automatic
Doesn't need any body work
Doesn't need any electrical work
Even has a modern stereo

This Dart looks like a car that will capture people's eye at a car show because it is different than all the stock looking cars there.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

crj1968

340 Darts Dusters Demons look best just how they came off the showroom floor, in my expert opinion   :icon_smile_big:

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Drache on April 22, 2014, 09:36:33 PM
sits too high for big rims, two tone paint not my liking, black engine bay who cares you know all you old dudes did the same damn thing back in the 60s and 70s can care not to admit it, among those things I would buy it for 5k if I had the cash.  :icon_smile_big:

drache,
I hope your being sarcastic about the 18k, seriously we can all at least agree on here 100% as forum members its not a 18k car.  MAX on a sunny day 8k car....
My car has the same rims....

myk

Some people on this board act like they've never seen 'resto-mod work before.   ::)

That car needs to be lowered.  Other than that it looks alright...

Drache

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on April 23, 2014, 02:07:30 AM
drache,
I hope your being sarcastic about the 18k, seriously we can all at least agree on here 100% as forum members its not a 18k car.  MAX on a sunny day 8k car....

I think you're the one being sarcastic  :nana:

The engine, rear end, end front disc brake kit would be worth $8k.

I got $7k for my '67 Dart GT that needed a restoration.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Paul G

Quote from: myk on April 23, 2014, 03:14:03 AM
Some people on this board act like they've never seen 'resto-mod work before.   ::)

That car needs to be lowered.  Other than that it looks alright...

I agree. Although I like that car just the way it sits. I am not a stock type person. I am glad others restore to stock, it preserves the original look. Just not for me. I like changing things. Making an old relic perform more like a modern car. Price, is what someone is willing to pay. You can't build that car for $18k. Some people have no clue what it costs to build a car.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

Drache

Quote from: Paul G on April 23, 2014, 08:49:43 AM
Quote from: myk on April 23, 2014, 03:14:03 AM
Some people on this board act like they've never seen 'resto-mod work before.   ::)

That car needs to be lowered.  Other than that it looks alright...

I agree. Although I like that car just the way it sits. I am not a stock type person. I am glad others restore to stock, it preserves the original look. Just not for me. I like changing things. Making an old relic perform more like a modern car. Price, is what someone is willing to pay. You can't build that car for $18k. Some people have no clue what it costs to build a car.

I have a feeling if the car had 15" wheels and a solid color paint job most wouldn't have a problem with the car  :icon_smile_big:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Challenger340

only my opinion.... but aptly parked beside the Dumpsters as it should be
Only wimps wear Bowties !