News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'71 Dart Swinger, mean or silly looking?

Started by Drache, April 22, 2014, 11:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

It would have been more humane to finish it off but then I suppose you could be stuck with the messy environmental hassle of disposing of the toxic carcass.

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Drache on April 27, 2014, 12:05:57 PM
After driving the 5 hours home yesterday I found a Toyota Prius in the grille of my new Dart. I let it go back into the wild but I'm not sure if it will survive in this strange environment so far from home....

What?
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Drache

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on April 27, 2014, 07:44:44 PM
Quote from: Drache on April 27, 2014, 12:05:57 PM
After driving the 5 hours home yesterday I found a Toyota Prius in the grille of my new Dart. I let it go back into the wild but I'm not sure if it will survive in this strange environment so far from home....

What?

I think the joke went over your head Cody  :nana:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

moparguy01

for the love of God take those stupid eye stickers off that damn scoop. I don't know where the vomit smiley is right now.

The car doesn't look bad for sure, I just hate those scoops. and i hate those stupid stickers worse than I hate those scoops. whats worse is when they put those damned led's in the pupils so it lights up. Just horrible. I think its worse than those stupid kid dolls leaning against cars at the car shows.

Drache

Quote from: moparguy01 on April 27, 2014, 08:30:05 PM
for the love of God take those stupid eye stickers off that damn scoop. I don't know where the vomit smiley is right now.

The car doesn't look bad for sure, I just hate those scoops. and i hate those stupid stickers worse than I hate those scoops. whats worse is when they put those damned led's in the pupils so it lights up. Just horrible. I think its worse than those stupid kid dolls leaning against cars at the car shows.

These ones aren't decals, they are painted right onto the valves
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

cudaken

I am back

Drache

Here is the "dyno" info K&S Machine gave me when I asked about the engine they built.

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Lord Warlock

Paint some breasts into the scoop holes then the guys will all like it.  I dislike the scoop through the hood as well, but then again I'm not that fond of darts in general, only one I ever considered getting was a 70 dart swinger that had the two scoops on the hood from the factory, the next door neighbor took me along to look it over before he bought it, was a real 340 swinger with a 4spd.  Think he paid 400 for it, but this was also back in 1980.  He sold it a few years later when his daddy bought him a new celica. 

I'm sure a big block dart would be fun to drive, and not fun to feed.  A bit late to make the silly or mean choice now that you got it.  Enjoy what you have, make it your own, however you see fit, a dart doesn't need to be restored to factory specs, doesn't make them more collectible, they sold a lot of them way back when.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Paul G

Those are some great power numbers. That car has to be a rocket! Hard to keep the tires from breaking loose I would think. I would not change anything too quickly. Get used to the car for a while. I like the scoop and the wheels just the way it sits.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

Drache

Quote from: Paul G on April 28, 2014, 08:51:11 AM
Those are some great power numbers. That car has to be a rocket! Hard to keep the tires from breaking loose I would think. I would not change anything too quickly. Get used to the car for a while. I like the scoop and the wheels just the way it sits.

On a wet road this car would be deadly. I punched it yesterday going down the highway and the rear end of the car started going squirrely. Then the tires finally got enough traction and I lost my testicles somewhere just north of town. Still haven't found them.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Baldwinvette77

Sweet, i like it the way it is, wheels and all... I don't love it (no offense) But seriously cool car  :cheers:

RallyeMike

I should have read this more closely - I didnt realize you bought it. Congrats, it looks like a very fun car.  :cheers:

I think the bigger wheels look fine and fit in with the new-school look of the car. It's really not my cup of tea, but if I owned it and was gonna change one thing on it, I'd get rid of the eyeballs on the scoop. It's juts too comical.

Now if you are gonna throw on 15's, by all means, keep the eyeballs, add some fuzzy dice, air shocks, and highjacker decals in the quarter windows.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Ghoste

I think you're going to have a ball with it Drache.

Sublime/Sixpack

Quote from: Challenger340 on April 23, 2014, 10:20:54 AM
only my opinion.... but aptly parked beside the Dumpsters as it should be
[/quo

:yesnod:    As is, but could be made into a pretty sweet little A-body
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak