News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'71 Superbee

Started by Drache, April 21, 2014, 12:03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

Remember what I was saying about flippers? This is the car I was looking at three months ago that sold for $28,000... they are even using the same pictures as the last seller and the car hasn't even left BC to Alberta yet.

1971 REAL DEAL WM23 SUPERBEE
This is the first year of the new body style
We have one of the finest examples in the country
Fresh 440 with correct 71 heads, high performance Mopar cam, new Edelbrock 750, rebuilt 727 Auto, was originally a 383 car.
This car was restored by Garry Keay, one of the best Mopar restorers in the country!
The car was media blasted to bare metal, it was then treated to 9 coats of urethane primer, 3 base coats of PPG B5 Blue covered in 4 coats of clear.
SHOW QUALITY PAINT AND BODY
Original factory "power bulge" hood with Black Superbee & 440 graphics
The trunk and interior were also stripped to bare metal and resealed & painted, has jack, spare & tools ,new trunk mat
New wiring harness, new electronic distributor, new starter, new ignition module, rebuilt wiper motor.
Optional remote left side mirror, hood pins, rear spoiler, new rally wheels. New fuel tank & lines, new master cylinder.
Ceramic coated headers, new 3 inch exhaust with H pipe.
Flowmaster dual chamber mufflers with correct stainless steel tips.
All new front & rear suspension, shocks, brakes, tires & wheels
New Legendary interior, including new carpet.
Originally sold in BC.
Restored at a cost of 57,000.00
Current professional appraisal of 45,000.00 true market value
by Jim Winter, former curator of the BC Museum of Transportation
Appraisers comments
"A very well restored vehicle by a Mopar restoration expert"
"This car will place very well in any show the owner chooses to enter"
More pics & video to follow
IF YOU WANT A TOP QUALITY PIECE OF HISTORY THIS IS A TRUE 100% TURN KEY CAR!
FINANCING AVAILABLE
(good credit & down payment required)
Delivery also available
Alberta residents pay GST only
CALL OR TEXT DAN AT 250 344-0178 OR CALL TOLL FREE 1 800 573-3673
We are a licensed and insured Ford dealer, don't take a chance on your dream car.
WE MAKE DREAMS COME TRUE!
No experts (kijidiots) please. Lowballers will be totally ignored.
Thank you for looking!

$36,900

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Mytur Binsdirti

If the seller is happy with what they sold it for & the new owner thinks he can make a few bucks by flipping it, I see no problem with that.

ACUDANUT

What's under all that black paint under the car ? I would be happy to get 28K for my 72 Rallye, and I ain't hiding anything. :Twocents:

polywideblock

wow that's a lot of blue  :yesnod:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Drache

Offered the guy $30k and he said the price is firm. Oh well still have the '70 to go look at this weekend.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

EccentricMagpies

What changed about the car that you didn't offer the last guy 30k
'74 Rallye 4spd (WH23L4) (1 of 94)
'74 Rallye Auto (WH23L4) (quad black)
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

Drache

Quote from: EccentricMagpies on April 21, 2014, 02:17:23 PM

What do you mean? This car sold 3 months ago for $28,000 before I had my money. I didn't get a chance to buy it or I would have, instantly.

The new owner relisted the car for sale for $37,000 and it's still in the original owner's driveway. The car hasn't been shipped yet.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

EccentricMagpies

Sorry.  Didn't realize the funds weren't available to you at the time.

Nice looking car though
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

Drache

Quote from: EccentricMagpies on April 21, 2014, 02:23:12 PM
Sorry.  Didn't realize the funds weren't available to you at the time.

Nice looking car though

That's why Im kicking myself and annoyed with these professional flippers  :brickwall:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

EccentricMagpies

??
If there isn't a rush, just buy the next good deal.
;)
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Drache on April 21, 2014, 02:18:32 PM
Quote from: EccentricMagpies on April 21, 2014, 02:17:23 PM

it's still in the original owner's driveway. The car hasn't been shipped yet.

Maybe it hasn't been paid for yet, either.

Possession is 9/10 of the law.

Offer 30K to the guy that owns the driveway it's sitting in.  :Twocents:

Show him the flipper's ad.

Are you going to be the lion or the lamb ? :shruggy:

Sometimes it pays to be a prick.  ;)

Drache

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on April 21, 2014, 03:55:44 PM
Maybe it hasn't been paid for yet, either.

Possession is 9/10 of the law.

Offer 30K to the guy that owns the driveway it's sitting in.  :Twocents:

Show him the flipper's ad.

Are you going to be the lion or the lamb ? :shruggy:

Sometimes it pays to be a prick.  ;)

I don't have any of the contact info for the last seller. But it has been paid for since it's supposed to be shipped today.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on April 21, 2014, 12:33:39 PM
If the seller is happy with what they sold it for & the new owner thinks he can make a few bucks by flipping it, I see no problem with that.

Agreed....to some, that's their interest in the hobby, buying cars, driving them for a short period, or just having the bragging rights as to how many, what kind of cars they flipped, the money they made, the money they lost, happens in any facet of life, houses, antique furniture, jewelry, stocks, bonds, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc so why should musclecars be any different, they're just commodities to be enjoyed as one sees fit

Scaregrabber

The first seller is a connected Mopar guy and he hasn't been able to sell it for about 7 or 8 years. I don't see seller #2 making a big profit none too soon on that one.

Sheldon

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Drache on April 21, 2014, 02:59:08 PM
Quote from: EccentricMagpies on April 21, 2014, 02:23:12 PM
Sorry.  Didn't realize the funds weren't available to you at the time.

Nice looking car though

That's why Im kicking myself and annoyed with these professional flippers  :brickwall:

I wish I had a list of all the cars I wanted to buy but didn't have the money at the time. The differnce is that I didn't piss and moan about it and begrudge the next guy who bought it and what his plans were for it.   ::) Like my parents would say to me at different times; "it wasn't meant to be".

You now have the money & there are plenty of cars out there so just get over this one already and look forward not back. The right car is out there for you.

hatersaurusrex

Inasmuch as none of us like flippers - you can hardly blame them.

None of us would anything wrong with buying cheap used George Foreman grilles and reselling them at a markup.   But somewhere there's probably a tiny enclave of George Foreman Grille collectors, who agonize over factory features and serial numbers and save for years to buy one and once they have it, they go into their kitchen and just stare at it for hours.   Then they see ads by the flipper and are outraged that someone would monetize something so personal to them.

But to the flipper, it's just another object to be bought and sold, nothing more.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Scaregrabber on April 21, 2014, 08:41:12 PM
The first seller is a connected Mopar guy and he hasn't been able to sell it for about 7 or 8 years. I don't see seller #2 making a big profit none too soon on that one.

Sheldon

I was going to say....that Bee was for sale for a LONG time...
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

bill440rt

Why not buy a car right now at a price you can afford, then flip it for some extra cash??  :shruggy:
It might raise your tight budget a bit.  :yesnod:

Just sayin'...  :2thumbs:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

crj1968

Quote from: hatersaurusrex on April 22, 2014, 08:03:45 PM
 But somewhere there's probably a tiny enclave of George Foreman Grille collectors, who agonize over factory features and serial numbers and save for years to buy one and once they have it, they go into their kitchen and just stare at it for hours.   Then they see ads by the flipper and are outraged that someone would monetize something so personal to them.

It was you! I was wanting that limited edition, top hat lid option, white GF grille so bad and you flipped it!!    :RantExplode: