News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Opinions on a car

Started by DTB, April 16, 2014, 05:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ottawamerc

That car is a $3000 at most value ::) From the pics it has hope but it will take a bucket load of cash to bring it back :P :Twocents:

Scott :cheers:
This hobby is more than just our cars, it's the people you get to meet along the way!!!

cudaken

Quote from: ottawamerc on April 18, 2014, 12:51:40 PM
That car is a $3000 at most value ::) From the pics it has hope but it will take a bucket load of cash to bring it back :P :Twocents:

Scott :cheers:

You know Scott, 8 years ago I would have said the same thing. But Times Are A Changing. 25 Years ago I bought my 69 Charger Rusted / Trash for $500 and drove it home!

Cuda Ken
I am back

Cooter

As long as you don't have people contacting you after the sale wanting 'their' parts back, and I certainly wouldn't buy nothing from Diablo, but go for it. With AMD now, it's not hard to repair it. With that said, sure, it'll take more money than you think it will, but it always does.

Just remember, those that caution you aren't hunting like you. Times they are/done changed. Finding a solid body for under $14k is doable, but a bird in the hand is worth fourteen in the bush.
Believe me though, ol Diablo knows what it'll bring. NOT what it's worth. A missing engine? Really? A deal breaker?
When it's prolly some small block car, or even if it came with one, most likely, it'd be some 'FUBAR'd junk big block, and you'd be hunting for another anyway.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

DTB

Well I decided against the car. I will probably wish I had got it but in time the right one will turn up.

ACUDANUT

Ain't nothing cheap anymore. You will have to pay, to play. :Twocents:

Bobs69

$5500, I say buy it.  Does it have wiring in it?  Wiper motor and all the other junk on the firewall? 

Tell me where it get something reasonable like that for $3000 and I'd be very tempted to go get it.

Like previously mentioned, it's not too much in Canada that's for sure.

DTB

Quote from: Bobs69 on April 19, 2014, 11:54:56 AM
$5500, I say buy it.  Does it have wiring in it?  Wiper motor and all the other junk on the firewall? 

Tell me where it get something reasonable like that for $3000 and I'd be very tempted to go get it.

Like previously mentioned, it's not too much in Canada that's for sure.

I think most of the wiring was there but after 40+ years its hard telling with hack jobs and the critters what's left. Don't know about the underhood components. I probably should of got it,being fairly complete but I'd still prefer a complete car needing resto so I know what I have and don't have. Have a line on a 69 4 speed car but don't know what will become of that. Engine and trans were still in it.

Bobs69

True enough, my wiring is a mess.  I bought mine for $500 back in the early 90's.  $200 for the parts the guy had.  It needed full restoration. 

I was lucky.  Maybe? 

I doubt I could ever find another deal like that now.

Mike DC

Convert $500 in 1990s money to 2014 money, and you probably get at least $1500 if not more.