News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

72 Dodge Charger paintcode for 318 cui engine

Started by Kenneth, January 26, 2014, 10:50:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenneth

Hello Mopars !

Can anyone please help with the correct paint code for my 318 cui engine (72 Dodge Charger) I rebuilding the engine and when finish I want to give the engine a 2 component paint.

Look forward to hear
best regards

Kenneth

ODZKing

P4349217.  However the paint currenty available through Chrysler is not correct.  Not sure if they have rectified this problem since I did mine.  But I used Duplicolor and it was perfect.
Description below.

Kenneth

Hi ODZKing
How will it last the 1 component paint - I think gasoline- chemicals drips, there will always be some dripping and etc. and I will be sorry with new painted motor and...........
best regards

Kenneth

Pete in NH

I used the P4120752 Turquoise on my 71 383 around 30 years ago and it still looks quite presentable. I'd say its held up just fine.

ODZKing

Like ANY paint, if you drip anti-freeze on it, it will discolor.
This was painted with the P4120752 Turquoise in 2006 as Pete mentioned.  (old style can) and granted I have touched up spots but for the most part still looks great.

Kenneth

And the spray paint, can you used it direct on the block or ?
best regards

Kenneth

John_Kunkel

If you want a more durable paint use body paint.

The paint code for the '72 and later blue engine paint is Dupont 5351D or PPG 2423.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

fy469rtse

Yep and the trick to making your paint last , very clean bare steel, resist the temptation to put on a lot of paint , not too many coats , paint will bake once that engines fires up, 20 minutes, let it cool down , repeat , too many coats paint thick , it will burn and discolour

Kenneth

best regards

Kenneth

Kenneth

Here is the result  ;)
best regards

Kenneth