News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wreck To Riches

Started by cudaken, April 18, 2014, 10:41:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cudaken

Just watched this on U Tube. Berry buys a 71 RR to flip, then buys a Satellite for parts and comes out with a GTX :scratchchin:

At one stage he buys a used Keith Black Hemi to use, seller tells him it is cracked and he buys it anyway?  :eek2:

I normally don't care for old cars that have modern mods done to them, but this one turned out pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEWEWQT4z18

Cuda Ken
I am back

1974dodgecharger

Everyone has a car show these days..... :yesnod:

cudaken

Oops, meant to places this is the Car Guy section. Someone want to move it?

Ken
I am back

twodko

Ken,

I saw that episode when it ran and the car did indeed turn out very nicely!

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

hemigeno

Quote from: cudaken on April 18, 2014, 11:03:55 AM

Oops, meant to places this is the Car Guy section. Someone want to move it?

Ken

:cheers:

polywideblock

car turned out more than ok    :drool5:    was one of the better shows but that was years ago  :yesnod:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

bakerhillpins

I have watched that episode several times. I didn't think he knew it was cracked. Thought he bought it in as is?  :scratchchin:

I don't think that show survived.. it was one of the better ones as it wasn't all about the drama.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

bill440rt

Quote from: polywideblock on April 18, 2014, 01:05:49 PM
car turned out more than ok    :drool5:    was one of the better shows but that was years ago  :yesnod:

I remember that episode well, I thought the car looked great when completed.

The work methodology was intriguing, though. I watched episodes where they would complete the exterior body and paint, buff it and all, and then decide to replace the trunk & floor pans??  :shruggy:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

cudaken

Far as when Berry bought the Hemi, the seller pointed to the crack! I don't know about you folks, but when I hear the word Cracked when talking about a engine block I'm done.

I guess with what he did to the car, it would not have helped resell if he had saved the Road Runner.  :shruggy: My self, I rather have a real Road Runner than a fake GTX.

Now, far as removing the marker lights, glad they forgot!

Cuda Ken
I am back

polywideblock

Now, far as removing the marker lights, glad they forgot!

:iagree:
                  its like chip foose removing the outside mirrors to "clean up " the exterior ,   how the hell are you supposed to see whats around you  :scratchchin:  or are these cars made only to be driven off/on  the trailer

I for one like my outside mirrors   and the side markers

don't like the way a lot of these shows buy a satellite or coronet and suddenly its a roadrunner/GTX or a super bee ,  a couple of badges/stickers don't make it so 

he wanted the wow factor ,the providence of having a Keith black hemi in the car  if I remember right  :Twocents:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Homerr

Hmmm, so they crushed the RR and built out the Satellite....   :'(

Mopar Nut

Wreck To Riches had another show on the RR where they built a 1969 car called "Plymouth Satellite Roadrunner"  :2thumbs:
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

BrianShaughnessy

That show just plain bothered me   :rotz:  I don't believe it got renewed so anything you see on TV now is reruns.
That Barry cheaped out and used volunteers for labor to try to increase his profit margin just rubbed me the wrong way. 
And I really didn't care for his SMC concept anyway.
If you notice... it seemed like the same guy bought most of the cars anyway so it was probably totally setup for tv.  :Twocents:   
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Stevearino

What was with the deal where they say how much money is being spent on the car and then they talk about labor as a separate item. With shop rates of over $100 per man hour I don't think this car would turn a profit. :rotz: Nice looking car though. I love that year Satelite/GTX/Road Runner.