News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Shipping a car across Canda

Started by Drache, April 16, 2014, 08:24:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

I just applied for a quote to ship that Charge across Canada. Price was $2400... but the kicker was.... it would take a MONTH to get the car from Ontario to British Columbia. What are they doing, PUSHING the car across Canada?  :brickwall:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Mytur Binsdirti

Knowing Canadians as well I do, if you tell them there's 2 cases of beer for them when the car's delivered, you'll be sure to have it by the end of this week.     :yesnod:

chargerman69

Have you tired uship, i was told 1400 shipped in a week if i wood have got a car on the west coast shipped to detroit

bakerhillpins

At that price you could probably buy a plane ticket, some towing insurance, save about $1400 and have it in a week.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Aero426

Quote from: Drache on April 16, 2014, 08:24:46 AM
.. but the kicker was.... it would take a MONTH to get the car from Ontario to British Columbia. What are they doing, PUSHING the car across Canada?  :brickwall:

Because the car may not be transported all the way by the same hauler.  It may travel some distance, then sit in a lot for the next driver to pick it up.    You have to be very careful with these generic open trailer ship quotes.   You really have no control over who shows up and with what kind of rig either.    They can go fine, or they can be a disaster.   

I am in the "if it is road worthy, fly in and drive it back" camp.

Drache

Quote from: bakerhillpins on April 16, 2014, 04:25:42 PM
At that price you could probably buy a plane ticket, some towing insurance, save about $1400 and have it in a week.

except I cant take time off work to drive a car across canada
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Aero426

That BC car is looking better and better.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Drache on April 16, 2014, 04:52:51 PM
Quote from: bakerhillpins on April 16, 2014, 04:25:42 PM

except I cant take time off work to drive a car across canada

So there is obviously some risk with regard to being stranded but you could drive straight through sleeping in the car along the way. You leave Friday night and be back by Sunday?  Even if you put a friend next to you on the plane. Work might be a bit interesting the next week but... 

I'm not as young as I used to be but I have done the 2 man thing across the USA several times.  Some fun stories made on those trips.  :P
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

chargerman69

I wood be up to hual it far as SK but that woodet be till June,  I will ask around for inclosed shippers thats what i was offerd on uship

Drache

I'm not going after that Charger. By the time it's all said and done it'll be a $30,000 car and I don't know the history and wont get to look at it myself.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Ghoste

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on April 16, 2014, 11:47:22 AM
Knowing Canadians as well I do, if you tell them there's 2 cases of beer for them when the car's delivered, you'll be sure to have it by the end of this week.     :yesnod:

Make it three and its overnight. :icon_smile_big:

Mr Bigblock

I bought a 66 Charger last summer in Sacramento Calf and had it shipped to Hamilton ON  for $1800. Had it all done by a local car hauler here in Hamilton.