News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Concept Charger and Daytona! Private build??

Started by tubedriver, April 11, 2014, 10:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tubedriver

http://youtu.be/T7Em7_P_yvg

Don't know if this has been posted before, worth a look.
Nice ideas!

JB400

Not bad, but the green house ( roof) needs work.  It's too straight up and down.  Reminds me of a fox body notch back Mustang

crj1968

Pretty dang cool. Yeah fix that roof line and make it a little longer lowere and wider. Needs the "beer shelf" body...I don't know how else to describe it.  How many cars can you set a beer down on top of the door?   

But 10000X better than I could come up with. 

crj1968

Mytur Binsdirti

The first minute and a half is a black screen with occasional writing & the rest is lousy computer animated drawings.

Save yourselves the click.

myk

Those renderings remind me of the "Trans-Am" concept that was based on the 5th 'Gen Camaro; it looked like the original car with Trans-Am themed body parts tacked onto the Camaro, and that's exactly what those Charger/Daytona drawings look like: a new Challenger with Charger/Daytona themed parts tacked onto it...

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on April 12, 2014, 05:20:50 AM
The first minute and a half is a black screen with occasional writing & the rest is lousy computer animated drawings.

Save yourselves the click.

:iagree:

Stevearino

Unfortunately as far as production car design goes you will probably never see something with the perfect proportions of the Gen 2 Charger again. Federal safety requirements dictate a pretty tight box for designers today including pedestrian friendly fenders/grills and high belt lines reducing the glass area and enlarging the doors. Dodge pulled it off pretty well with the Challenger but that was based on a stout looking smaller car to start with. They just scaled it up. The Charger scaled up would be enormous. :'(

Benji

The narrator should brush up on his automotive nomenclature.  The correct terms for the large metal areas behind the doors that surround the rear tires are called quarter panels not fenders.  Fenders are found at the front of the car above the front tires and the quarter panels have extensions.  Also the panels that connect the quarter panels to the roof are called sail panels.

Benji

Indygenerallee

The narrator should brush up on his automotive nomenclature.  The correct terms for the large metal areas behind the doors that surround the rear tires are called quarter panels not fenders.  Fenders are found at the front of the car above the front tires and the quarter panels have extensions.  Also the panels that connect the quarter panels to the roof are called sail panels.

Benji

Ever think that whoever made this might have been European?? Most Europeans call "Quarter" panels "Fenders"
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.