News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wheels/tires--- Will They Fit???

Started by MackDa600, April 04, 2014, 08:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MackDa600

Application: 1968 Charger R/T

Front: 17x7 with 225/50/r17
Rear: 17x8 with 275/50/r17

Anybody see any fitment issues here? I don't want any rub or bottom out.

RKCHARGER

Im no expert but I just went through this all myself and did a ton of homework.   Should be no issue depending on the back spacing you go with.

I just ordered wheels and tires yesterday ended up going with an 18x10 in the back 5.7in backspace. and 18x8 out front with a 4.7in backspace.

295-45-18 out back and 265-50-18 in the front.

RK

SwiftJonny

Need to know the back spacing. Best thing to do is jack up your car, pull the wheels off and measure. Draw a diagram with the points where it will rub on either side of your tire. I used a scale ruler when drawing a diagram and then you can take exact measurements from it.
1968 Charger R/T 440 4 Speed
Racing Green Metallic

BLUE68RT4ME

Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"

NHCharger

Yeah, what Swiftjonny said. You need to know your back spacing and offset. There are a few good videos on youtube that explain all this.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

BLUE68RT4ME

Good news, I got in contact with the guy who had the Vexer site to size wheels and tires and he put it back up online for us.  This is a very helpful tool!  Here you go!

http://vexer.com/automotive-tools/wheelguide
Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"