News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stephens Performance Dodge yard

Started by chargerman69, April 06, 2014, 07:53:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nickrc3

QuoteNo. yard. tours...   Cry. Screw that then... He can keep hanging on to that scrap till the apocalypse.  Since more the one of you are telling me the place sucks, then it must be so.  Saves me some gas and miles then!  And I definitely won't be ordering anything from them.

:iagree: yes, gotta love these folks that think they've got Gold and won't budge in price. Years back, I repaired vintage radios and experienced the same attitude with local dealers of vacuum tubes - then they became available via Pacific Rim countries through the good ole' Internet. Keep your damm parts I say!

crj1968

These guys not selling at a fair price now will likely have to sell for less later...

As we all get older there will be less and less people interested in these cars. (some of course will always be popular, certain years of Charger Cuda Challenger...)

Most people are interested the cars they experienced as kids.  I'm 45 and I have very little interest in cars from the 50's, no interest in the 30's or 40's.
There will always be some that pick it up from their parents etc, but for the most part there will be less demand for these parts as we continually circle the sun.

Of course I could be wrong.   :scratchchin:

Kern Dog

You are not wrong.
The hobby isn't growing. At best, it is slowly fading. These idiots that demand "NOS" prices for worn out parts are doing everyone a DISservice, themselves included. Sitting in the elements isn't improving the condition of the parts either.
These people will die with the cars and parts, then their kids will crush everything. A more reasonable businessman would have a better plan.

469 runner

My experiences with Stephans have not left me with  a good impression of Ted.  He came off as very arrogant when I wanted to return a part that Jackie, (his wife) took the order on, sent the wrong part then told me to take my business elsewhere. Like I needed to be told. That was 15 years ago.  I think they got way too big for their britches as my dad used to say.  

Brian in GA

I can verify this thread.  I tried to deal with them several years ago on a set of doors for a '68 charger.  In my experience with cars, or anything really, there are three prices you can get quoted.  One, the price is so good you buy it before they can change their mind.  Second, the price is one you have to think about or haggle over, and third, the price is so high you just shake your head and walk off because you know you're too far apart to make a deal.  They fall into the third category. 

indreams84

Quote from: Red 70 R/T 493 on April 11, 2014, 12:53:07 PM
You are not wrong.
The hobby isn't growing. At best, it is slowly fading. These idiots that demand "NOS" prices for worn out parts are doing everyone a DISservice, themselves included. Sitting in the elements isn't improving the condition of the parts either.
These people will die with the cars and parts, then their kids will crush everything. A more reasonable businessman would have a better plan.

But I must say in defense of Chargers....seems to me 68-70s, and even 71-73s are holding and gaining their value...maybe I am saying that because I am about to drop a pretty big  amount of cash on a 69  :icon_smile_big:

1969 Dodge Charger R/T #s Matching

darkside

I priced a 69 440hp block with ted and he said 3k.  I about fell over! and needed some 69 charger parts and they said they won't sell parts off of chargers since values are up.