News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Spring Fling Photos (well of my car anyway...)

Started by xs29bb1, April 07, 2014, 08:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xs29bb1

Got back from Spring Fling late last night.  

16+ Months of restoration later.... I got to drive it for the first time... into the show!!   :2thumbs:

I can get into the details of the show if anyone's interested, but I know this crowd just wants some damn pictures....  

I'll just say that my wife was the photographer of the day, and so she didn't think the pictures were any good unless I was in far too many of them.  I tried to keep myself out of most of these so you could just see the car, but even the ones I'm in, I'm sure you won't notice me as after my wife and I detailed the car - it just looked great for the show.  (I had her on chrome and stainless BTW)

The first few shots are prior to it being open to the public, so she got a few of just the car....

xs29bb1

Jay Leno came to the show (as I understand it, he usually does)  He arrived before the general public I believe - either that or right at the start.  I didn't know he was there, and as I'm cleaning something on the passenger side, I hear my wife say, "Hey is that Jay Leno with his head in your car?"  Sure enough he was looking in the drivers side.  My wife tried to snap a photo of him w/ his head in the car, but some guy immediately asked for an autograph and so the shot my wife got here is after he turned to face the guy.  I've got a few photos w/ him at the car that we took a little later, but they were from a different camera.

Oh, BTW - this is the first time since the car was close to done, that you guys have seen photos what WEREN'T taken w/ a phone - we used an actual camera here.  Makes a big difference!

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

xs29bb1

The car was very well received.  A few people started to trickle in here and there, but eventually we had big crowds around it throughout the day...

xs29bb1

more..

xs29bb1

Here's a couple more

cudaken

I am back

charge69

Your Charger turned out beautiful and it must have been exciting taking it to the show!  

Parking on the grass and people wandering everywhere reminds me of my first time going to Boerne back in about 2008 I think. There was around 100 Chargers there, including my friends' '70 R/T and Troy's 500 and, even though I had nothing there, it was exciting to see all the Chargers there.

Now that your Charger has its' first show under its' belt, I imagine it will see a few more!   Again, it turned out fantastic!  Congrats !!

69rtse4spd

tracpack440

1969 Charger  R/T SE 4 spd dana

Bob T

Old Dog, Old Tricks.

indreams84

Absolutely gorgeous man....your car in black with that stance is the reason I have tunnel eyes only for Dodge Chargers  :drool5:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T #s Matching

xs29bb1

Thanks guys!   :cheers:

I met a lot of great people down there.  One guy Larry had his silver 68 down there (he's the original owner) and it has a build date of October 10, '67.  He said he ordered it in July before it hit showrooms, but the dealer said the earliest he could get it was October.  

Anybody know approx how many Chargers were built before October '67??  If he tried to order one in July I wonder why he had to wait until October to get it.

WINGR

Beautiful awesome Charger, congrats.

WINGR/Steve

xs29bb1

For reference, this is how she looked in late 2012

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

VegasCharger

I was there. I seen that car driving northbound on Woodley Ave. while I was waiting in the swap line on the shoulder of Woodley Ave. It had to be your car, I remember the red stripe and the black Cali plates. Very nice Charger sir!!! I didn't get a chance to look at it while I was at the show. Got bombarded at my swap space with the hoards of spectators.

Nice work  :cheers:

xs29bb1

Quote from: VegasCharger on April 08, 2014, 12:05:32 AM
I was there. I seen that car driving northbound on Woodley Ave. while I was waiting in the swap line on the shoulder of Woodley Ave. It had to be your car, I remember the red stripe and the black Cali plates. Very nice Charger sir!!! I didn't get a chance to look at it while I was at the show. Got bombarded at my swap space with the hoards of spectators.

I was wondering what happened to you...

:cheers: :cheers:

Kern Dog

The show is open to the public as soon as the public shows up. There were people there at 4:30 AM. The swap opens before the show cars are all in place. They ask that the show cars are all situated by 10:00 but any Joe Schmo can mosey in at any time.
Nice car. Someone said you turned down a huge cash offer?

TPR

Glad you got her finished in time. Beautiful job. It's been interesting following your progress.
Wish I was there to see it in person.
:2thumbs:
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

VegasCharger

Quote from: xs29bb1 on April 08, 2014, 12:17:35 AM
Quote from: VegasCharger on April 08, 2014, 12:05:32 AM

I was wondering what happened to you...

:cheers: :cheers:

Are you going to MATS this weekend?

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

bill440rt

I can see why there were crowds around it all day, that car is STUNNING!!  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
Congrats on a FINE job, looks really beautiful.  :cheers:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

69chargerboy

Quote from: bill440rt on April 08, 2014, 06:53:51 AM
I can see why there were crowds around it all day, that car is STUNNING!!  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
Congrats on a FINE job, looks really beautiful.  :cheers:

:iagree: :2thumbs:
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.