News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Im finally a Charger owner again. :D

Started by Charger1973, March 11, 2006, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger1973

Well its been 4 years since I sold my 73 and I couldnt take it anymore!  Heres some pics of the 74 SE I brought home today.  Thanks to Don (GNRL01) for pulling it home for me on his trailer.    Its got some rust but besides that its all there, supposedly it runs too, just needs a fuel line.   :laugh:

Charger1973

And as if that wasnt cool enough, heres the 73 we're going to pick up tomorrow.  Guess I wont have to change my screenname afterall.   ;)

TruckDriver

Looks like a good place to start. I see it has a '73 hood on it too. What does it have for a motor? And dont forget to register it. Link scrolling down by my sig pic. ;)
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Charger1973

I'll register them both soon.  :) 

The 74 SE is a 318 auto, Brown with white top and tan interior.  The 73 is a Triple white car with a 400 auto (buckets, console, slap stick)

RallyeMike

I'd be curious to know if on the bottom side of the hood (left front), the emisssions decal says that car is a 74.  I have owned two 74's -- both that had 73-style louvered hoods originally on the cars from the factory.

Congrats on your finds !
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

TruckDriver

Quote from: RallyeMike on March 11, 2006, 10:20:36 PM
I have owned two 74's -- both that had 73-style louvered hoods originally on the cars from the factory.

Boy, thats 2 things I learned here today. Any more, I'll have system overload. ^-^
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

RallyeMike

One of them sits in my garage. It had original paint when I got it and still has the original 74 emissions decal, and 73-style louvers.

Charger73's brown car, if it's the 74, looks like it might have original paint on it. I'm curious if it is another built with the 73 louvered hood.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Charger1973

Quote from: RallyeMike on March 11, 2006, 10:32:37 PM
One of them sits in my garage. It had original paint when I got it and still has the original 74 emissions decal, and 73-style louvers.

Charger73's brown car, if it's the 74, looks like it might have original paint on it. I'm curious if it is another built with the 73 louvered hood.

You know, im just going on what he told me.  It may not even be a 74 for sure.  Ill double check that tomorrow when its light enough to see the VIN

tipopiola

Just out of curiosity, in the first pic you posted, whats parked two cars to the left of the Charger?  It looks like its either reddish orange or just rusty.  Just curious.  Tipopiola :icon_smile_big:

MetallicA

Quote from: tipopiola on March 11, 2006, 10:58:29 PM
Just out of curiosity, in the first pic you posted, whats parked two cars to the left of the Charger?  It looks like its either reddish orange or just rusty.  Just curious.  Tipopiola :icon_smile_big:
if you mean 3 to the left then think K.I.T.T

tipopiola

I think KITT is 4th to the left.  Theres a white one just to the left of the Charger thats kind of hidden.  I always hated KITT........Come to think of it I always hated David Hasselhoff too  :yesnod:    Tipopiola :icon_smile_big:

Charger1973

Not too sure what it is actually.  I wasnt really paying attention, so it couldnt have been anything too great  :P

Charger1973

Maybe its not the same car, I cant tell, but from this angle, it looks pretty darn rusty!

Also heres a pic of a 74 SE he has thats about to go to the crusher. Its been parted out already.  I would have taken it home too but it really wasnt even worth the effort.  Its rusted through bad, he said take anything off it I want so I grabbed the split bench seat because it has the armrest in it and the quarter windows and louvers but other than that there wasnt much worth taking.  He wanted to keep the rear end and spindles. 

hemihead

Nice score.Can't even find a SB k member around here.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Nacho-RT74

The brown SE white top is a 73. Look at the seatbelts. 74 is 3 points double retractor kind with shoulder belt attached in "B pilar post" area. 73 as earliers is attached at the end of quarter glass and clipped along the roof. Another difference is trunk floor, humped on 74 down the spare tire to fit humped gas tank to vapor separator. Earliers trunk floors are flat.

after all you won't have to change your screen ID for any of both LOL
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Charger1973

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on March 12, 2006, 11:40:21 AM
The brown SE white top is a 73. Look at the seatbelts. 74 is 3 points double retractor kind with shoulder belt attached in "B pilar post" area. 73 as earliers is attached at the end of quarter glass and clipped along the roof. Another difference is trunk floor, humped on 74 down the spare tire to fit humped gas tank to vapor separator. Earliers trunk floors are flat.

after all you won't have to change your screen ID for any of both LOL

Youre good.   :P

It is a 73, just double checked the VIN numbers.  So I have 2 73s...  Even better  :icon_smile_big:

Charger1973

I just got the white one home too, heres a pic of them both.  The wheels are off the SE getting tires put on them right now.  Im going to have to do that with the white one tomorrow too. 

Charger1973

Got the white one registered but dont have all the info written down on the brown one yet.  Man that registration form needs some work!  What a pain.   :yesnod:

RD

Quote from: tipopiola on March 11, 2006, 11:20:06 PM
I think KITT is 4th to the left.  Theres a white one just to the left of the Charger thats kind of hidden.  I always hated KITT........Come to think of it I always hated David Hasselhoff too  :yesnod:    Tipopiola :icon_smile_big:

that white one looks like a ford falcon, like a 62 or 63, but i am probably wrong :)

sorry, forgot to tell you GREAT SCORE!
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

twilt

doctorpimp

Very cool man! ;)
Are you going to fix both of them up?
'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216

Charger1973

Yep.  The plan is to get the SE up and running and drive it (and fix it up some too) while I work on tearing down the white one and rebuilding it.  Then I can go back and finish the SE.   

So far I think the SE one will be stock looking, but brown is nasty.  So...  I will make it triple white.  Factory 318, column shift

The other is already a big block car, so I think it will be the custom street rod.  Plum Crazy Purple, white rallye stripe, and white interior.  With some customization, but mainly just built to have fun, look good, and go fast.   :icon_smile_cool:

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: charger1973 on March 15, 2006, 12:48:41 PM
The other is already a big block car, so I think it will be the custom street rod. Plum Crazy Purple, white rallye stripe, and white interior. With some customization, but mainly just built to have fun, look good, and go fast. :icon_smile_cool:

Similar to  mine but purple instead blue :D
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Charger1973

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on March 15, 2006, 12:57:12 PM
Quote from: charger1973 on March 15, 2006, 12:48:41 PM
The other is already a big block car, so I think it will be the custom street rod. Plum Crazy Purple, white rallye stripe, and white interior. With some customization, but mainly just built to have fun, look good, and go fast. :icon_smile_cool:

Similar to  mine but purple instead blue :D

Yep.  And im not going to put the vinyl back on it either