News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stephens Performance Dodge yard

Started by chargerman69, April 06, 2014, 07:53:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

myk

Back in........1995?  I bought an alternator bracket set for a non A/C, R/B-440 car from Stephen's Performance.  Oddly enough, I haven't heard about them as much over the last 15 or so years...

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Awesome yard!

Any experiences in going / picking parts?

Or is it only whole cars, or mail order?

sanders7981

ROADTRIP!!!!!!  It's way north of my home town, but definitely worth the drive.  I may have to take some leave and go home for a bit to make the drive up there.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: sanders7981 on April 06, 2014, 01:41:05 PM
ROADTRIP!!!!!!  It's way north of my home town, but definitely worth the drive.  I may have to take some leave and go home for a bit to make the drive up there.

Bring a FAT wallet.  :Twocents:

chargerman69

No XS29L9Bxxxxxx am to far away to go, likey you could be able to go throw there yard

troy.70R/T

I see in the first close up picture it looks like a Daisy Duke's Roadrunner.

sanders7981

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on April 06, 2014, 01:42:20 PM

Noted!  I am not looking for any new projects, but maybe I can take some good pics. 

69wannabe

X2!!! His parts are very expensive from what I hear. There is a small mopar yard close to me called mitchell motors but all his junk must be gold plated too, I made it in there one time looking for a set of 69 charger taillights and found a pair of "decent" ones he wanted 800 bucks each for them. Bought a very nice set from ebay for less than that. I asked him twice if that was for the set and nope that was each, 1600 for the set. Never went back there for anything else and never will...

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: sanders7981 on April 06, 2014, 02:54:49 PM

Noted!  I am not looking for any new projects, but maybe I can take some good pics. 

I don't think Ted gives yard tours.  :Twocents:

jaak

Bring a FAT wallet.  :Twocents:

True that! I live 10 minutes away from him, I have never been able to deal with him (I have tried a few times over the years). Plus he's an A-hole to boot.

He also carries AMD stuff too, When I bought my repo bumpers, I thought (just for a minute) about buying from him local, thought I would save on shipping. I called he wanted 360 per bumper. I bought them from Jeff at 521 Restorations, he had the bumpers dropped shipped from AMD, arrived at my house in 2 days, and I paid 315 per bumper shipped. Don't even ask how much he wants for stuff out of the bone yard.

Jason

ralley72

I was there a few years ago, to buy a PBH. Way over priced for a rusted, bent hood. No yard tours allowed,but they did let us walk along the fence and looks. Poor customer service. A good thing about that trip was I got to meet Jaak and help him out with a part for his project.

Mike
1973 Roadrunner 400 mag. 4 sp

jaak

Quote from: ralley72 on April 06, 2014, 08:06:50 PM
I was there a few years ago, to buy a PBH. Way over priced for a rusted, bent hood. No yard tours allowed,but they did let us walk along the fence and looks. Poor customer service. A good thing about that trip was I got to meet Jaak and help him out with a part for his project.

Mike

Yep, Mike gave me a screaming deal on a center section I needed.  :2thumbs:

Jason

sanders7981

Quote from: ralley72 on April 06, 2014, 08:06:50 PM

Mike

No. yard. tours...   :'(. Screw that then... He can keep hanging on to that scrap till the apocalypse.  Since more the one of you are telling me the place sucks, then it must be so.  Saves me some gas and miles then!  And I definitely won't be ordering anything from them.

Old Moparz

Stephens was asking insane prices long before the internet, too. I once answered an ad of his in Hemmings about a used part I needed only to be given a price that was 2 to 3 times more than the most expensive vendor at a swap meet.

Junkyard price.......$35
Swap meet price....$50
Stephens price.....$150

Sometimes his ads had prices, they were always good for a laugh.  :lol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

myk

Well, I guess this is why I never heard much of them over the years...

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: myk on April 07, 2014, 06:34:15 AM
Well, I guess this is why I never heard much of them over the years...

Exactly! Those prices then, would be insane, even for Alabama  :Twocents:

hemi-hampton

Quote from: Old Moparz on April 07, 2014, 06:06:57 AM
Stephens was asking insane prices long before the internet, too. I once answered an ad of his in Hemmings about a used part I needed only to be given a price that was 2 to 3 times more than the most expensive vendor at a swap meet.

Junkyard price.......$35
Swap meet price....$50
Stephens price.....$150

Sometimes his ads had prices, they were always good for a laugh.  :lol:

Yeah,  Gotta agree with above qoute. I been there 3 times (remember my smashed Daytona Pic from there) & the first time nobody there. 2nd time he was kinda on the rude side because I caught him as he was getty ready to leave, Long drive to get blown off. 3rd time was more Friendly but Yeah, The price's are rediculously high. LEON.

Mytur Binsdirti

All I see are Satellite Sebrings. Where are the good cars?   :shruggy:

hemi-hampton

How often do you see a Daytona in Junkyard? LEON.

Chargen69

i bet it doesnt have a VIN tag on it

jaak

Quote from: hemi-hampton on April 08, 2014, 08:27:10 PM
How often do you see a Daytona in Junkyard? LEON.

That sat right out front by the Highway for years. It isn't there anymore.

Jason

69rtsetracpac

Quote from: 69wannabe on April 06, 2014, 02:57:19 PM

X2!!! His parts are very expensive from what I hear. There is a small mopar yard close to me called mitchell motors but all his junk must be gold plated too, I made it in there one time looking for a set of 69 charger taillights and found a pair of "decent" ones he wanted 800 bucks each for them. Bought a very nice set from ebay for less than that. I asked him twice if that was for the set and nope that was each, 1600 for the set. Never went back there for anything else and never will...
That's annoying just reading that, it seems I'm tripping over 69' tail lights at every swap I go to, maybe 50 bucks a piece, heck I have a couple in my garage and i still don't think there worth much!
What was I thinking?

wingcar

We have a Mopar "salvage yard" or recycler (junk yard for you old timers) here in the North Phoenix area.  They will let you walk the yard but their prices are not cheap by any standard.  Sad to see all the Mopars that at one time were proud street warriors.  Many have had entire sections removed, while others are complete for the most part.  One word of caution, during the summer months these "cars" become home to many desert creatures...read that as rattle snakes (no cobras, they must be in the next yard...a Ford lot) ...but the rattlers like their Mopar/house so you need to use care when walking around or looking in cars.  :o   
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

TheAutoArchaeologist

They did a walk through on the old HorsePowerTV that was on SpikeTV many years ago when they were working on the green Barracuda.  He definitely has some interesting stuff in there.  Too bad he doesn't allow anyone to walk around and snap pictures and is high priced.

There is a Mopar Junkyard here in IL called Mopar City.  They are also a bit high, but they do allow groups to go out and walk the yard and snap pictures, but they don't allow individuals.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/sets/72157627521725663/