News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A sneak peek for Allen and Andrew of the 1969 I bought today

Started by 70 sublime, March 15, 2014, 09:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

don duick

I agree Q5 definitely one of best colors for 1969 why then was F3 green more plentiful. Don't hate F3 but nowhere near as nice as Q5

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

bakerhillpins

Quote from: 70 sublime on March 19, 2014, 08:27:55 PM
What made the whole trip worth it was the next day when my wife said just out of the blue " she had fun " on our day out

Doesn't that just make your day.   :2thumbs:   My wife recently started talking about taking family outings in the Charger and was excited about it!  I'm so stoked that I can share at least some of the joy with her.  :yesnod:

Car looks great and I hope you keep us informed of any progress you make on it.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

70 sublime

The eagle has landed
In Ontario they do not take what it says on the bill of sale to determine the tax you owe when you transfer the ownership for any car over 20 years old
All cars have to get appraised and what ever value is higher they want the tax on
So if the rain holds off in the next couple of days there is a place about 5 minutes up the road I going to try and take the car while it is still on the trailer just to get it done and over with

OK so I have to make the pictures smaller :)
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

70 sublime

So now I have to rename the pictures because it says I already posted them with this name (even if it did not work)

70 sublime

I got morning chores (dairy farm) done and left at 8:20 this morning and did not get back till 3:30 this afternoon
Just enough time to get un hooked off trailer and start chores again at 4:00
Just under 500KM round trip
Was a very long day (but worth it  :cheers:)

Stopped for a burger for lunch and gas on the way home and there was always someone asking about the car  :icon_smile_big:

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: 70 sublime on April 06, 2014, 07:02:44 PM

Stopped for a burger for lunch and gas on the way home and there was always someone asking about the car  :icon_smile_big:

Did anyone want to buy the seats?  :D  :lol:

hawkeye

Are you going to tell what the government thinks it is worth?  I would love to know.

70 sublime

I thought about that and kept an eye out to see if anybody was following me this time but nope

Would have been a little hard as there is no seats with this one  ;)

70 sublime

Quote from: hawkeye on April 06, 2014, 09:44:34 PM
Are you going to tell what the government thinks it is worth?  I would love to know.

The Ontario government has no idea what they are worth that is why it has to be appraised

When we go to the DMV we have to pay $20 to buy a package that gives you the average selling price of a similar car (less than 20 years old) that is in the DMV computer system
It will list the average wholesale and retail price
We have to pay the tax on the wholesale price even if we have a bill of sale for less
If we want to pay on what we bought it for we have to go get it appaised ourself which usually eat up more $$ than we were trying to save on tax
This has all come about from everybody coming in with a fake bill of sale for less than what they had really paid

70 sublime

So on this 383 where do I have to look to see if the serial number on the block matches the VIN number of the car
I am thinking it is on the side of the block just above the oil pan right side ??

polywideblock

looks like a big project

thought Australia was the only country that hit you with a transfer fee ,though  we can still get away with paying half down and then the  rest  and taking just the first payment slip in for rego /transfer  .

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Dreamcar

Quote from: 70 sublime on April 06, 2014, 10:02:46 PM
So on this 383 where do I have to look to see if the serial number on the block matches the VIN number of the car
I am thinking it is on the side of the block just above the oil pan right side ??

I know I found it on the 383 I have at home. I'll re-check tonight for the location.
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

70 sublime

Thanks I already found the ##

I have seen it with my own eyes and yes this car has the # match motor still in the car   :coolgleamA: (even if the motor is stuck at the moment)

70 sublime

Got it off the trailer and jacked up to check the motor #

Baldwinvette77

Thats one Masculine looking welding cart  :coolgleamA: , should put drag slicks on it  :2thumbs:

70 sublime

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on April 07, 2014, 10:53:00 PM
Thats one Masculine looking welding cart  :coolgleamA: , should put drag slicks on it  :2thumbs:

Wheels and bearings from an old Austin (makes it easier to roll when we take it outside on the dirt)
Dad cut up the rest to make a tractor cab :icon_smile_wink:

hawkeye

6spd68

Quote from: 70 sublime on April 06, 2014, 09:57:28 PM

The Ontario government has no idea what they are worth that is why it has to be appraised

When we go to the DMV we have to pay $20 to buy a package that gives you the average selling price of a similar car (less than 20 years old) that is in the DMV computer system
We have to pay the tax on the wholesale price even if we have a bill of sale for less
If we want to pay on what we bought it for we have to go get it appaised ourself which usually eat up more $$ than we were trying to save on tax
This has all come about from everybody coming in with a fake bill of sale for less than what they had really paid

Not to mention the joke that is auto-appraisal in Ontario.  You can find anyone on Kijiji to give you a quickie appraisal for low bucks.  I've done that with the last 3 cars I've had to register, not once have I had any issues, and not once has a car been appraised for more then 1500$.

Great score, I think I remember seeing that one come up
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: 6spd68 on April 11, 2014, 01:32:51 PM
Quote from: 70 sublime on April 06, 2014, 09:57:28 PM

Not to mention the joke that is auto-appraisal in Ontario.  You can find anyone on Kijiji to give you a quickie appraisal for low bucks.  I've done that with the last 3 cars I've had to register, not once have I had any issues, and not once has a car been appraised for more then 1500$.

Great score, I think I remember seeing that one come up

Hell even i appraised a couple cars, both were 800$ in my book  :coolgleamA: