News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Just Got my New Vectors in!

Started by Matthan, April 04, 2014, 08:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthan

i just got mt new Vector Rims 15 / 7......I have a 69 Charger with Factory Disc Brakes..The Rims don't clear the brake cailper on the front I had 14 rims in the car. I am guessing I need to upgrade the front disc brakes.....any help? 

comet_666

Oddly enough I got my 15x7 and 15x8.5 Vectors yesterday too! I plan to hopefully try one on this weekend to see if it fits around my new disk brake set up.

i'll let you know.

ACUDANUT

Matt, what type of rotors do you have. ? 15" rims should clear the them and the brake calipers. :Twocents:

comet_666

Yah, mine fit fine.   :shruggy:

Although I am not using the stock disk set up.

sanders7981

Haven't ordered mine yet, but I do have a 4wheel disc kit from right stuff brakes.  They recommended the use of 15" or larger rims. 

comet_666

Shot of mine...

NHCharger

Quote from: ACUDANUT on April 04, 2014, 12:40:05 PM
Matt, what type of rotors do you have. ? 15" rims should clear the them and the brake calipers. :Twocents:

Yeah, that doesn't make since, since the 14" wheels cleared. Although that factory caliper looks huge compared to mine, you might have to upgrade.
Did you check the difference in the offset and back spacing between the two wheels.
I converted my front drums to disc's. Used the MP system that a number of vendors sell. I also upgraded the UCA to a Firm Feel Tubular.
Got my Vectors in last week. 15x7, 235/60's on the front, 15x8.5, 275/60's on the back. Plenty of clearance. Pardon the crappy cell phone pic.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Mopar Nut

Quote from: NHCharger on April 20, 2014, 08:21:30 PM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on April 04, 2014, 12:40:05 PM

Yeah, that doesn't make since, since the 14" wheels cleared. Although that factory caliper looks huge compared to mine, you might have to upgrade.
Did you check the difference in the offset and back spacing between the two wheels.
I converted my front drums to disc's. Used the MP system that a number of vendors sell. I also upgraded the UCA to a Firm Feel Tubular.
Got my Vectors in last week. 15x7, 235/60's on the front, 15x8.5, 275/60's on the back. Plenty of clearance. Pardon the crappy cell phone pic.
I like that blue, picture didn't turn out too bad.  :2thumbs:
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."