News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Junkyard Dawg and Son, down south Jukin, 3rd gen parts trip, with PICS

Started by twilt, March 11, 2006, 06:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twilt

My son and I took a trip down to Southeast GA today to pick up some goodies that i *won* on ebay earlier this week. Here is some pics of us, the trip, and best of all...........THE PARTS.

twilt

we got to see lots of pastures, pecan orchards, and of course a darn old train.

twilt

This was "city hall" in one of the little towns we went thru. cows are laying down, that supposed to mean that the fishing will be lousy.

twilt

stopped for a quick bite to eat and checked the load.

twilt

more pics loaded up

twilt

unloaded at home, time to get the parts hid before the wife gets home. She knows i got a few things, doesnt know about all of it :devil:
pic 1 power bulge hood is very nice. no rust, no damage.
pic 2 340 engine condition unknown
pic 3 340 exhaust manifolds

twilt

doors, a pair of good usable fenders, pair of bucket seat cores.

twilt

Valances- the ebay ad did not picture or  mention the exhaust tip rear valance- i was thrilled to see it, front bumper, and grilles. 

twilt

misc panels, trim, and rear glass.

twilt

rear bumper and tail lights, decklid.  decklid is very nice, outside the suface rust where somone started sanding on it.

twilt

All in all, it was a great day. Took an extra day off work, spent some time with the son, and scored some nice parts. doesnt get better than that.

TruckDriver

Kinda sucks knowing a nice 73 Rallye got cut up though. Those seats are in way better shape then mine. Good score though :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: twilt on March 11, 2006, 07:19:05 PM
All in all, it was a great day. Took an extra day off work, spent some time with the son, and scored some nice parts. doesnt get better than that.
20 years from now your son will remember that trip,thats the best thing about it.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

WM23N1

1971 Super Bee 383 "The WM23N1" http://1971-1974dodgecharger.com/

twilt

Quote from: WM23N1 on March 11, 2006, 10:20:17 PM
I bet I know what the seats are going in. :icon_smile_big:

You got that right brother! somebody heisted my old bench seat :'(   :image_294343:  now i got to put these lousy buckets in it with new black/orange 71 RR covers. :icon_smile_big:

Goldfinger71

1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

Todd Wilson

Nice parts! Glad to see someone else that really ties things down in the back of the truck! Dont want anything to blow out!

Todd

hemihead

Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

tan top

Hood ,fenders, doors,decklid, look :scope: in good shape,looks like original paint to me, lots of good stuff there :thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

twilt

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on March 11, 2006, 09:11:04 PM
Kinda sucks knowing a nice 73 Rallye got cut up though. Those seats are in way better shape then mine. Good score though :yesnod:

My guess is that a perfectly good restorable 73 Rallye 340 car  was cut up and donated some of its parts to a 73 or 74 satellite/roadrunner clone.
not a smart move in my book, but I dont worry about the things in life that i cant control.

ScottW

:o Whodda thunk a 3rd gen could fit in the back of a pickup. Who needs a trailer!

Awesome score - I am definetly jealous.  :icon_smile_tongue:
1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1974 Dodge Charger SE 360/4v Sunroof

twilt

wish i would have taken some pics of 2 similiar trips i made last year. Those loads were a lot bigger. They were both "tail gate down" trips as full length 72 1/4 panels wont fit in the bed with the gate up.  those two trips, i flew solo and also had the cab of the truck stuffed with parts too. couldnt hardly see out the passenger side to change lanes or shift the 5 speed.

Shakey

Good score.  Gotta love a road trip that includes bringing home some treasure.

chargerkid

Nice parts.  Do you know where I can get some 72 Rallye doors?  Someone out bidded me on a pair last night.  Oh ...I think it was you!

twilt

Quote from: chargerkid on March 13, 2006, 01:25:17 PM
Nice parts.  Do you know where I can get some 72 Rallye doors?  Someone out bidded me on a pair last night.  Oh ...I think it was you!

how could i resist at that price. Nice thing is that i have a brother who lives in NY, in the same town that the doors are located, that is going to pick them up for me.

TruckDriver

:smilielol: Don't let your guard down around the junk yard dog  :smilielol:

Makes note to self.......Remember that when I move down by Tom:P
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

twilt

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on March 13, 2006, 03:39:53 PM
:smilielol: Don't let your guard down around the junk yard dog  :smilielol:

Makes note to self.......Remember that when I move down by Tom:P

DCG,   down here thats considered Yankee spellin. Georgia is DAWG country. 

chargerkid

I am actually glad I was outbid.  I don't feel like driving to NY.   I am picking up a 72 Rallye soon to restore.

'CUDA360

Great pics of the country down there!

So here's the question,,  How much for all that Petty Blue treasure?

'CUDA360

Great Score!!  that hood has to be worth $1500

And no mention of the rear valance until you got there,, I love it when that happens.

Goldfinger71

1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

chargerkid

$1500.00 for a 73 bulge hood?
So what's a 71 R/T hood worth?
So what's a 71 Superbee Hood worth?
What's a RamCharger hood worth?

hemi68charger

Quote from: chargerkid on March 16, 2006, 03:05:44 PM

Man, I sold that '71 Supebee to you too cheap........  :icon_smile_big:

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

twilt

Quote from: chargerkid on March 16, 2006, 03:05:44 PM

Of couse the answer to all of the above is ..............whatever someone is willing to pay. ;)
Seriously though,  the $1500 quote is too high. But......... the last Power Bulge hood that i saw on ebay, that the seller was willing to ship, bid up to $999. That figure and the fact that i could pick all of this stuff up, effected what i was willing to pay. Thats kind of scary if you want/need one. Personally, i would pay up to $600 for a nice one , but not more than that. Whats kind of ironic is that less than 2 years ago, i put a decent
72 power bulge on ebay with a BIN price of $525, was willing to ship it via greyhound,  and still  didn`t get any takers. At the time, i simply needed the money. In hindsight, i am glad no one bought it. I still have it and its not for sale.