News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Caliper upgrade factory disc

Started by fy469rtse, June 08, 2014, 07:13:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fy469rtse

Anyone just changed there calipers , upgraded, on there factory front discs ,
I don't want change upgrade rims , would like to replace standard calipers with aftermarket 2 piston or 4 piston , maybe even 6 piston probably stretching it on stardard factory size discs ,
? There must be something that's close to fitting , with minimal work on adapter plate to make it work
Anyone had any success with this ?

Ghoste

I've never heard of anyone doing it, it would need to work with the rotor too.

HPP

Unless your hauling down from high speed and need improves feel, are looking for a broader choice of pad compounds, or want to drop 5-10 pounds, just a caliper upgrade doesn't yield a huge improvement in braking.

However, if you still want to change, then Mancini offers the AR engineering kits to convert the stock calipers to Viper or Wilwood. These do require you use the factory 11.75 rotors, so if you still have 10.8s, you are going to have to step up rotors too, which then necessitate a 15" rim minimum.

fy469rtse

Thanks for replying guys, yes have 15's inch cragers , good to know , I will look up manicinis upgrade , just thinking ahead , going to hit the road in the coming months ,
Don't mind upgrading the size as long as I could fit it in my rims ,  :2thumbs: thanks again ,