News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New fender tag??

Started by 4speed, July 30, 2008, 08:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Mr. Lee on March 23, 2014, 04:12:28 AM
I understand what you're saying according to the rules and laws in your country, but I live in The Netherlands and the rules and laws out here are just different.

When I did import the Charger from your country the car was checked by customs. Basicly what will be checked is if the car hasn't been reported stolen, and they check if the VIN that's on the dash matches the numbers that are stamped in the car nearby the radiator and trunk. If these match the car, it gets the complete VIN stamped into the framerails so this car is indeed the car with the correct VIN. They don't care if the Original engine size is in the car or not. The engine that's in the car just has to be mounted right and save and the complete car has to be roadworthy. If that's the case a title will be given that states the current engine size and VIN and owner on it. That's it. As the original VIN is stamped in the car and is on the title, one can Always check what original enigine was in the car so no fraud possible here.

So the fendertag isn't an issue here. Just need one the make my restauration complete; it just belongs under the hood. Who helps me out?

You are missing my point. It's not necessarily a question of laws in any specific country.  It's a question of miss representation of what the car is/was, and while you are indicating that you don't intend to defraud anyone the folks making the tags don't want to expose themselves to the possibility.

I suspect, but have not verified, that even in the Netherlands you have laws that concern fraud.

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Homerr

Quote from: Mr. Lee on March 22, 2014, 02:37:37 PM
I bought my Charger in 2008 without Original engine, without buildsheet, without fendertag.

Now I want a fendertag made with the specs of the car like it's now to make it "complete" under the hood.

I did ask Datatags yesterday but he doesn't want to make one because he's afraid being sued.

Anyone can help me out with some info where I can have my fendertag made?

Does anyone not do a tag where after 'END' it reads 'Reproduction Tag' or something similar?

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Homerr on March 24, 2014, 02:11:31 PM
Does anyone not do a tag where after 'END' it reads 'Reproduction Tag' or something similar?

While I don't currently have any pics of one, I could have sworn I have seen exactly that.  :scratchchin:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Mr. Lee

Quote from: bakerhillpins on March 24, 2014, 04:14:45 PM
Quote from: Homerr on March 24, 2014, 02:11:31 PM

While I don't currently have any pics of one, I could have sworn I have seen exactly that.  :scratchchin:

That would be fine with me. Anyone prepared to make one?

Dans 68

I just talked to Datatags and got a quote for $175 to duplicate my existing '68 tag. For what it's worth.  ;)   :Twocents:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Mr. Lee

Quote from: Dans 68 on March 26, 2014, 05:54:53 PM
I just talked to Datatags and got a quote for $175 to duplicate my existing '68 tag. For what it's worth.  ;)   :Twocents:

Dan

Thanks, but Datatags doesn't want to make me one without having an Original tag or buildsheet  :rotz:

VegasCharger

[/quote]

I understand what you're saying according to the rules and laws in your country, but I live in The Netherlands and the rules and laws out here are just different.

When I did import the Charger from your country the car was checked by customs. Basicly what will be checked is if the car hasn't been reported stolen, and they check if the VIN that's on the dash matches the numbers that are stamped in the car nearby the radiator and trunk. If these match the car, it gets the complete VIN stamped into the framerails so this car is indeed the car with the correct VIN. They don't care if the Original engine size is in the car or not. The engine that's in the car just has to be mounted right and save and the complete car has to be roadworthy. If that's the case a title will be given that states the current engine size and VIN and owner on it. That's it. As the original VIN is stamped in the car and is on the title, one can Always check what original enigine was in the car so no fraud possible here.

So the fendertag isn't an issue here. Just need one the make my restauration complete; it just belongs under the hood. Who helps me out?

[/quote]

Not sure what year your Charger is (I'll guess 69 due to your avatar) but what if someone wanted to bring over a 68 model? The VIN on the dash would not match the rad support nor the trunk lip  :shruggy: Although that's correct from the factory do you think customs would have knowledge of that?
That's about one of the only things I dislike about owning a 68 is that the VIN doesn't match the body stampings even though the fender tag does.

:cheers:

Cooter

Quote from: Mr. Lee on March 27, 2014, 03:21:30 AM
Quote from: Dans 68 on March 26, 2014, 05:54:53 PM

Dan

Thanks, but Datatags doesn't want to make me one without having an Original tag or buildsheet  :rotz:

Yeah, I can understand that one. Way too many scammers out there. You should see the PITA I'm going through in the states trying to get a title to vehicle that was never titled....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: bakerhillpins on March 22, 2014, 06:55:02 PM
You are going to have a hard time getting anyone to make you a tag without proof of options (broadcast sheet or old tag) as the Fender Tags are used in conjunction with the VIN to determine the car's pedigree.  I.e. Creating a tag to match what you put on the car ends up with someone (not saying you) selling the car, intentional or not, as something it isn't. Basically they are not making you a tag to avoid issues with Fraud.

Make any car you want but be careful about stamping things to make the car appear to be original.  :Twocents:

I respectfully disagree. There are people who will stamp anything for a buck  :flame: