News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Combined resources on registries.......... Just a thought.

Started by hemi68charger, March 06, 2006, 09:56:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69_500

I wasn't trying to state that all the information should be posted online or anything. I like the way the 70 registry is set up. Full of information on the website, and I am under the impression that if someone purchases a car and contacts you and you have info on it, you would tell them. That is what I'm getting at. I don't give out personal information on 500's I have kept track of either. I have shared the VIN information with Chris and the 69 Registry though. But no personal information to go along with it. I didn't tell him where any of those cars are, or even who owns them or anything. If an owner tells me he doesn't want his info out there anywhere else, I don't share it.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on March 09, 2006, 12:37:50 PM
I wasn't trying to state that all the information should be posted online or anything. I like the way the 70 registry is set up. Full of information on the website, and I am under the impression that if someone purchases a car and contacts you and you have info on it, you would tell them. That is what I'm getting at. I don't give out personal information on 500's I have kept track of either. I have shared the VIN information with Chris and the 69 Registry though. But no personal information to go along with it. I didn't tell him where any of those cars are, or even who owns them or anything. If an owner tells me he doesn't want his info out there anywhere else, I don't share it.

:2thumbs: 
Danny, that's exactly what I'm getting at.......  If you wouldn't mind, could you refer others that you come across to register with Wayne as well.. Too me it's very important to have a "central" point persay. All the specialty years or genres are great, but there needs to be some form of convergence.....   Hope I'm making sense...

Troy

Chris's,,,,, are you using a server for your sites on a FTP type domain or part of your ISP package?

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

Whenever I run into a fellow charger owner I typically point them towards one of the registries for the partiular year their car is. However I have also told people of the registry that Wayne does. Some people only want to do one registry or the other and that is their choice. I tell people about all of the registries, the one for 69's, 70's, 66-67's, 68's, B body registry, Wayne's.

FastbackJon

Quote from: Troy on March 06, 2006, 10:13:10 PMI haven't sent in the info to Wayne on my cars because, like other people, I see no benefit in it since the data basically disappears.

My thoughts exactly. With the '66/'67 Charger Registry, you register online (very easy) and you get an email back in a couple days telling you exactly where your car fits in to the list and how rare it is in a few different aspects, and then after a week or two, the online database gets updated and your car's information (not full vin, no names or contact info or addresses) gets put up and you can see that it actually went somewhere. Even better, you can sort the cars and narrow them down by location, or paint code, or interior code, etc, and you can view all of the other cars like yours. I think it is pretty cool anyway.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

hemi68charger

Quote from: Troy on March 06, 2006, 10:13:10 PM
I haven't sent in the info on my cars because, like other people, I see no benefit in it since the data basically disappears.
Yes Sinister68.

Troy

I understand people's desire to get some form of output from their input... I can tell you though, if you call him, he'll talk to you about your car once it's registered, again for free,,,,, so data on your car doesn't disappear. He may not be one of the top dog's in the computer/internet world, but he, like every other one of us still has a family and work that take him away.. All it takes is a phone call, the old-fashion way... The last 20 years he has personally dedicated more time per hour I would say on the Dodge Charger than anyone... I'm not here to defend him, but I do want to squeelch a persona that others have placed on him. He's even gone to great lengths to protect broadcast sheets that people have sent in....

Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Troy

As I said, I tried on multiple occasions to contact him. I realize that people are busy and I hate to call someone unless they are expecting it. I guess I have to send my info if I want to go to the meet this year. I'll do that whenever I get around to it.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Troy on March 12, 2006, 11:24:08 AM
As I said, I tried on multiple occasions to contact him. I realize that people are busy and I hate to call someone unless they are expecting it. I guess I have to send my info if I want to go to the meet this year. I'll do that whenever I get around to it.

Troy

Troy, what Wayne has done is extend the deadline for registering... You can give him your info there I believe, but this Meet is for TDC members, current and potentially new ones in the next couple of months... For the dues of $35, I treat it no different than going to a local show in which you gotta pay sometimes $25-$40 for a weekend event anyways.. Not too many places you're going to get as many Chargers in one place other than the major shows and they, as we all know, usually cost alot more...
I'll double check with him on actually registering the car at the Meet and renewing dues.. Utilizing the Fairgrounds and getting insurance isn't a cheap deal..... Here's a link to the FAQ section of his site...

FAQ section of the TDC 20th Anniversary Meet

I truely hope people don't think I'm trying to alienate anyone or give the image that one registry is better than another., I'm just trying to help a friend out on a 20 year mission... I've registered in TDC and the other year-specific..

Troy.. I
Troy

Troy

The good part is that if I go to the meet then I'll finally get to talk to Wayne (I hope). I want to go any way and I might actually be able to make it this year. Just going to a Charger show is worth it and I'd gladly pay to get in as well.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Just 6T9 CHGR

I registered my car as well with Wayne back in '99 or so.  I paid my "dues" for 2 years.
The first year I got an old TDC shirt (from '97) and an old sticker (from '92)
The second year I got nada so I never reupped.

I think at that time Wayne was going through some trouble (or so I was told)

Anyhoo, he decoded my build sheet and sent me back an index card with some registry facts.
At the time in April of '99 he has 1640 -'69 Chargers registered!!
409 of them  R/T's with 122 of those 440/auto cars!

pretty cool info from back in '99.  I wonder how many he has now?

Basically my registry, as you know, does not & will not give out any personal info.  I can & have upon request & permission, given out info on amts I have registered in specific combos, put previous owners in touch with current owners, given out info if I had a particular car registered etc.

Sadly my site isnt as interactive as some others but one day I hope to gain the skills to do so.

Like I stated before, kudos to Wayne & his work and to all other registry owners for all their hard work......

Support your registries!!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T