News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

my road runner's fender tag decoded, need some ?'s answered

Started by RD, March 11, 2006, 08:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RD

I wonder if my RR is one of the last one's made for the 73 model year with that production date of 7/26/73? :scratchchin: :scratchchin:
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

RallyeMike

Out of curiousity, did this car come with or without stripes?  (I don't a code or a delete code).
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

RD

well it was a full vinyl top car, so there would be no decals on the roof, but I really dont know why it does not show a code for the hood decal.  Is there a code that should be there that I am missing that would designate a hood decal kit?  hmmmm.... I have never really thought about it, but how rare is it to have a RR without any decals?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

RD

and... another question... this car is an RM21 which designates "coupe" (the rear windows are fixed and do not roll down).  it is seeming that my RR is quite different.  is there anyone out there that may have some better knowledge as to the "stripes/decals" or lack thereof?

RallyeMike

I would guess that no stripes on the hood and coupe are both fairly rare. Even the full vinyl top is not something I have seen that much of on a 73-74 RR. I suppose there is no build sheet around?
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

RD

there is, its just really in bad shape.  i will have to try and piece it together.

Ghoste

Is it that there is no decal on the hood or just no code? 

RD

Quote from: Ghoste on March 12, 2006, 12:19:18 AM
Is it that there is no decal on the hood or just no code? 

the current hood has no decal, not because it wasnt installed (dont know), but because whoever had the car before me decided to prep it for paint, but never painted the car.

It just seems odd that no decal would be administered on the hood.  I will "carefully" remove the buildsheet and see if that can provide some answers, but the buildsheet is really in bad shape.

Ghoste

Well, obviously with the vinyl roof, the longitudinal stripe will be missing as the roof interferes with it.  The hood treatment was standard equipment but that doesn't guarantee that it will be on the fender tag.  It would be a V21 or a V9_ _ code I think but I'm no expert either.

89MOPAR

I've had 2 road runners a 74 318 version and a 73 440 GTX version. Both had the hood bulge decal, although the 318 had no engine callout #'s . whereas the 440 version had the callout plus the GTX emblem on the bulge.
  I believe both were coupe [ non roll down back windows]

The car would be coded for "sport hood" .   I think RM21 was the designation for all 73-74 roadrunners.

Your car still would have had the road runner sticker on the decklid with the bird holding his helmet inside the circle .
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

RD

thanks 89, you wouldnt happen to have any pics of the decklid would you?  of your cars?  thanks.