News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Alternator mounting.

Started by MaxE48, March 23, 2014, 09:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaxE48

Hi, Does anyone have pictures of the mounting of the alternator on a non AC 383/400 engine please. I have removed my compressor, which shares the same belt as the alternator. I need the configuration of the belts, I'm sure the alternator will share the water pump belt now, but it needs to be moved forward.

A383Wing

you will need 2 groove crank pulley, single groove water pump pulley, (the correct size), also will need a non-AC water pump now that you are spinning the water pump at different speed, you will need non-AC alternator bracket mounting bolt set as well.

MaxE48

Thanks for that, now to find parts.  :scratchchin:

Windsor

If you are interested in a March w/p pulley, I have one listed in the parts FS section.

Cooter

There are repop. pulleys. Maybe YearOne. I know I've seen em in classic ind. Catalogs.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"