News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lookie what I have!! Whoo hoo!!!

Started by Telvis, March 11, 2006, 01:27:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telvis

I am picking up my freshly painted hood, fenders and trunk lid at 9am!!! I will hopefully have the rest of the car the end of the month. I wen't a looked at them this afternoon and they look pretty darned good. It's been a long hard road but I think I might just have a finished car soon.  :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:

Picked up!!

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Crazy Larry

mopar_madman

great to see that light at the end  of the tunnel, good luck
1973 Dodge Charger
1968 Plymouth Road Runner
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

Shakey

Don't forget to share some pics with us Telvis.

RECHRGD

13.53 @ 105.32

Telvis

I picked up the trunk lid and one fender. I went back to get the other fender and it started to rain. I am going back Monday to get it. I'm not happy with the hood. There are several dents in it. I am going to talk to the guy on Monday to see what he can do.

The color is PP1 red. I will get some pics up as soon as I can.

CB

bummer! paying for a paint job and not be satisfied, damn!
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Telvis

He did nice work. The paint is pretty nice. There were two small dents about the size of a quarter on the hood. I don't know how he could have missed them. I don't know if they maybe happened as the hood was taken into the paint booth. I know he block sanded the heck out of it. I think they would have been hard to miss. I am sure he will fix it. it just means more time before the car is done.

41husk

Congratulations,  Those hoods are prety trickey,  I know I missed several dents and small issues on my charger,  many of the them no one ever notices but me :'(
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Telvis

I went back over today. It started to rain as soon as i got there. I'm going to have to wait another day to get the rest of the parts. Italked to the body guy about the hood. He will make any needed repairs. I'm going to go ahead and take the hood so he can finish the rest of the car. he will fix the hood once I come get the car.

41husk

I would leave the hood until the issues you are worried about are gone.  Once you take it, He can claim the damage was not there when the hood left.  Let him finish the car and install the hood after all is as you want it to be.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Telvis

I understand Husk. I know the guy pretty well. He won't screw me. If he does I know where he lives. :icon_smile_big:\
The parts look awesome other than a few small areas on the hood. He will fix them.

I will post pictures in the morning.

Iceyone

68 Charger
70 Super Bee
11 SRT8 Challenger
30 Chevy Universal

Telvis

I want to post pictures but it's saying the file is too large. How do I reduce the size of my pictures? Anybody???

Telvis

Here's some pictures. The parts are a little dusty and theres still a little compound around the edges.

Telvis

Here's another...

Telvis

Here's the last one. I reduced the size of these pictures and they have really become grainy. They really don't do the parts justice. they aren't show quality but do look pretty good. Even the hood looks good if you don't pay attention to the little ding in it.

4402tuff4u

Wow, Telvis that looks awesome! Your friend does nice work! Love the color too! Mine is scheduled for painting this Thursday. I'm stopping by tonight to check it out.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Telvis

I'm pretty happy with it. It's not show quality. Hopefully he will get the rest of the car finished soon. He says the end of the month. It will probably be July.

Old Moparz

Nice color! :2thumbs:

Hope you get it back in a hurry, I know I'd be pretty anxious.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

8WHEELER

Looking good, love the color as well  ;D   :2thumbs:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Old Moparz

Quote from: 8WHEELER on March 15, 2006, 05:00:04 AM
Looking good, love the color as well  ;D   :2thumbs:

Dan

Hey Dan, a little biased on the color red?  :D

That was the same color, or very close to it, on the first Cherger I had 25 years ago. Wish I had a photo of it.  ::)
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry