News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

when did you get into your first car accident?

Started by 69bananabeast, April 29, 2006, 12:51:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

polywideblock

about 1987 was driving a Holden torana  up  to MT. Allen lookout in the Barrington tops world heritage national park , lots of blind hairpins and creek crossings .all dirt  a real rally drivers paradise.  t boned a  1980 Datsun  SSS  rally car as he came around a blind corner sideways   took out my whole front end and then bounced off down a 2 hundred foot drop  ,slope was about a 80* incline and the roll cage saved him   but car was a rightoff  , so was mine even bent the roof . that wreck is still at the bottom of the slope  if you know where to look   :yesnod:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

cudaken

I was 16 and had been driving for 6 months. Had a deer run in front of me, you can guess the rest. Car was my 63 VW Bug, I was able to beat out the trunk / hood decently.

I am back

Nwcharger

I was 14 coming home from work stoned. Was watching someone else road rage and rear ended a ford Taurus at 35. I thought I was in deep shit but it turned out the people I hit didn't have insurance and my girl friends car did. I went to court and the judge seen how young I was so he delayed my court date so i would be old enough to get my permit and told me I better return with it. I did and the judge dropped everything and threw the book at the people I hit. I had to pay 20 dollars in courts costs.  :2thumbs:
1969 coronet wagon

Cooter

Quote from: JB400 on March 26, 2014, 04:38:39 AM
A worth while bump.  I thought about opening a newer version of the same topic.

My first one was when I was 3 and it was in an brand new 87 Plymouth Duster.   White with blue interior.  I was sitting in the passenger seat and watch mom push this nice, shiny chrome button on the shifter.  Well, mom pulled into our driveway and had to run inside the house, leaving me in the car all by myself :D  and took the keys with her.  Our driveway ran uphill and the car was parked about 60 ft from the road.  While mom was inside the house, I pushed the chrome button and pulled the shifter all the way into first gear.  The car rolled down the driveway, partially jumped a ditch, and wiped out the driver side mirror on the mail box.  I didn't get in trouble :woohoo:  Been driving ever since :2thumbs:
The oldest son did that at the Dunking Donuts when he was bout 4, and ended up crossing two lanes of live traffic.
I wasn't there, but the wifey said he was just grinning up a storm. Never knew what he did.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

HeavyFuel

Quote from: Dodgecharger74 on March 26, 2014, 07:00:18 PM
I have been driving for 45 years have not had my first accident yet  :cheers:

35 years....have yet to hit anything, although I've been hit a few times.

XH29N0G

I guess when I was 11.  I was trying to get my grandfather's car to go more than 60 mph down his driveway.  Nothing really damaged, but I did a 4 wheel slide across his back yard.  He came out very quickly and told me to drive in the pasture instead.  First collision?  I was learning how to drive at 15 and some and I drove the VW rabbit into the back of the Charger.  Looked over and asked my dad what to do, and he said "You might want to back up."  Otherwise, only minor fender benders, more in my driveway as a kid, two bumps while driving as an adult.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....