News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 charger 318 with ac

Started by Patsy57, March 22, 2014, 11:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patsy57

Hey guys I'm new hear and wanted to post a question about a recent charger I have come across. The charger is 1969 charger with a 318, automatic with ac air. I am looking for any info in relation to this. The car isn't running but it is 100% matching.

I'm curious what the value of one that's chewed up goes for. I'm thinking about buying it and dropping a 440 in it with a manual trans after I fix up all the rust areas wtc.

I look forward to being a part of this board!

Thanks in advance for your responses!

JB400

Could  you post a pic or two?  It'll help determine the value in the current condition. :popcrn:

Welcome to the forum :cheers:

polywideblock

welcome to the forum    :cheers:

we hunger for pics    :yesnod:   need to see it to try to value it, but 318 isn't the performance motor

still air is a good thing  :Twocents:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Patsy57

Thanks everyone will do today. Any specific areas I should be targeting?

JB400

A shot of the whole car would be nice, and then a few pics of the trunk, frame rails, rear window, and maybe a few interior shots.  These are often the rusted out areas.

Cooter

I venture to say that car will be worth more with the 440/4 speed than done 230 HP 318. Even with A/C.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

myk

Sounds to me like you're looking at this car as a potential high-return investment.  If the body is as "chewed" up as you say it is, you'll lose your shirt trying to get it in decent shape unless you can do all of the work yourself, and I guarantee that you will never make your money back on what you invest on it, let alone make a profit.  If you're intending to get into classic cars, be it for personal enjoyment, flipping for profit or whatever, buy the best car that you can find that needs the least amount of work...

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: JB400 on March 23, 2014, 09:12:31 AM
A shot of the whole car would be nice, and then a few pics of the trunk, frame rails, rear window, and maybe a few interior shots.  These are often the rusted out areas.

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

70 sublime

Look at the cross member that the back end of the torsion bars go in also
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

mightywing7

1968 Dodge Charger R/T - 440 Magnum, 727
1968 Dodge Charger - 318, 904
1985 Chrysler LeBaron Turbo Convertible, Mark Cross - 2.2L Turbo
1987 Buick Grand National - 3.8L SFI Turbo
2006 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 Coupe, Supercharged 3.2L
2006 Chrysler 300C SRT-8, 6.1L HEMI

lukedukem

OP said they where thinking about buying it. Maybe they decided not too or missed the boat.  :shruggy:

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC