News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Thought I'd share a pic :)

Started by 440 Fanatic, March 22, 2014, 05:40:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

440 Fanatic

It's been a while since I've been on here, and I was looking at some pics on the PC and a ran across one I  thought I'd share with you good folks.
Currently, my 68 Charger is not only my daily driver,  out of 3 cars, it's the only one that runs.
The pic is of Simon(my charger) and Heisenberg(my cat).

tan top

:2thumbs: good picture !!  cat looks like he has spied something , may be a bird in a tree  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

charge69

Great picture of the cat and the Charger!  Tough looking ride!  Is that a real Daytona wing on the '68 Charger or a reproduction?

Not sure if the cat's eyes are enhanced by a flash or that he has that intense yellow of eyes! Show us more pics of the Charger ...... and Heisenberg!

XH29N0G

Nice combination...I'm curious about the names of the other two cars. 
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

myk

I too once thought about putting a Daytona wing on my car.  Put up some more 'pics of that wing'ed '68 'OP...

dual fours

Looks like both Charger and cat are both out on the hunt.
Didn't the eye's of the cat in Stephen King's"Pet Sematary" eye's glow ? SPOOKY.
Cool photo. Send more, please.
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

TruckDriver

Cool picture. I was thinking it is Robo Cat  :lol:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

440 Fanatic

Per request, here are a few more pics.
Heisenberg's eye glow is due to the reflective lense that many animal eyes have and cam flash. I thought it looked a bit wicked,  :)

Charge69,  yes it is an original aluminum daytona wing and was on the car when I bought it back in 2000.
When I bought the car the engine, tranny, brakes, rear end, front and rear suspension needed rebuilding all of which I have done. Mechanically, it's now perfect. Cosmetics and interior are next.  Turns out that the wing is worth more than I paid for the car.  :)

440 Fanatic

pic uploading is a nightmare,  I almost gave up.

440 Fanatic

charge69

Very nice looking ride.  Yep, the Daytona wing is worth quite a bit, especially if it has the trunk bracing with it.

What color was the Charger originally?

There is a reflection of the flash also in the headlights so, it was pretty obvious that was making his eyes glow! Still a great picture!

440 Fanatic

Actually, the wing did not have the trunk supports, and was flexing the quarters a great deal, so i made my own. Now, you could pick the car up by the wing as I made the trunk bracing out of 1/4" steel plate. The original color was QQ1 blue.
By The Way, Charge,  that is a very beautiful 69 you have :)

440 Fanatic

Quote from: XH29N0G on March 22, 2014, 08:09:37 AM
Nice combination...I'm curious about the names of the other two cars.  

One of my other cars is an, '89 Firebird Formula that I've had since 1998,  It hasn't earned a name yet.
The other car is a '66 Chrysler Newport Town Sedan (383/TF727)  ALL original, and I'm 3rd owner.  All of the interior was recently redone when I bought it. On the key ring, there is a metal tag that says "drop in any mail box and these keys will be delivered to the owner" and a designation number. I also have the calendar that the bank gave the guy that bought the car when it was new. It's at Thursday ,March 24 , 1966.
And, my Newport's name is "Newton"

440 Fanatic

Here is a pic of Newton

charge69

Thanks for the compliments about my Charger. I just finished a 5 year restoration on it and, although it is a driver, I think it turned out pretty nice.

I am surprised the wing did not tear loose without braces. 1/4" bracing is pretty heavy duty and I am sure there is no more flexing there.

A '66 Newport is very cool!  I love it and would drive the hell out of it! Congrats!

440 Fanatic

Charge,  for many years I had my eyes open looking for a mid to late 60s Chrysler as I drove a '67 NewYorker when I was in high school. It had a 440 and was so damn strong !!!!!  I regularly ate vettes, camaros and mustangs of the time on backroad drag races. (about 1979-1983)  My NewYorker was known in school as "The Screaming Barge".. lol

dual fours

Quote from: tan top on March 22, 2014, 06:23:11 AM
:2thumbs: good picture !!  cat looks like he has spied something , may be a bird in a tree  :yesnod:
It's a Firebird :lol:
Aha, so Simon says "Floor it". and you must. Cop would believe that one I'm sure. :smilielol:
Newton looks sharp.
I'm sure Heisenberg the cat will keep the mice out of the cars.
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

440 Fanatic

Dual Fours,  It took me a min, but I got it on the
'bird" thing LMAO !!
Odd that you'd mention the mice thing,, as yesterday I saw a mouse come up to
Heisenberg's food bowl and stole a bite from it as he simply watched it happen.
I was like  "WTF"?
lol
This literally happened yesterday .

BTW Dual,  Simon's name comes from the same game of "Simon Says"
When challenged, Simon Says "YOU LOSE",,lol

JB400

At least no one should have trouble spotting the cat :lol:

440 Fanatic

Quote from: charge69 on March 22, 2014, 12:04:05 PM
Thanks for the compliments about my Charger. I just finished a 5 year restoration on it and, although it is a driver, I think it turned out pretty nice.

I am surprised the wing did not tear loose without braces. 1/4" bracing is pretty heavy duty and I am sure there is no more flexing there.

A '66 Newport is very cool!  I love it and would drive the hell out of it! Congrats!

Charge,  I'm surprised as well that the wing hadn't ripped the quarters as it is VERY heavy !
I guess the car wasn't driven much at that time, as I said, it was in BAD condition. one header runner was completely rotted away, the cam had 6 lobes that were nearly circular, later i found that ALL of the exhaust seats were sunken by about 1/8",   the tranny slipped horribly in 3rd gear. 3 of the pistons had top compression rings broken, #5 piston didn't even belong in this engine as it was about 1/4" short on compression height. Yet,  I drove it home after I bought it and it sounded like the Fury in Stephen King's "Christine" when he first drove it to Darnell's Garage.

troy.70R/T

cool Picture of your 68 and cat. Not many cats have a Daytona wing to take a nap on. :2thumbs:

440 Fanatic

Quote from: charge69 on March 22, 2014, 12:04:05 PM

Dude,  your 69 is Breath Taking !!!

440 Fanatic

If anyone wants to see the movie "Christine"  which has an awesome Fury and a Very nice '68 Charger,,here is a link :
http://www.sockshare.com/file/EF8B4V6KMFSCC04#

charge69

440 fanatic:  Thanks again for the compliments on my car.

I think our "neighborhood" Christine expert and clone owner is Cooter. Great movie that I watched a few times back when it first came out and noticed his friend's '68 Charger right away.

Sounds like your old tired 440 was on its' last leg when you got it. You mentioned earlier you have freshened up the whole drivetrain and are ready to start on the exterior and interior. Take the wing off and put it away or sell it here as I am sure you can get good money for it if you need the money to start the restoration on the rest of the car. If it was me, the exterior of the Charger would be next!

Just to give you a little incentive, here are a couple more pics of my Charger. Hope you like them!

tan top

Quote from: 440 Fanatic on March 22, 2014, 11:23:25 AM
last

good pictures !! aww pussy cat likes it up there !! good vantage point to look at things  ;D

charger looks  good !! love the look of  centreline wheels on a second generation   :drool5: :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

cudaken

440 Fanatic, good to see you on the site again! Boy it been a long time! Think it was, what 15 years ago since you drove up to my house for a visit?  :scratchchin: You might notices my spelling does not suck as much as in the old days when we became friends!  :lol:

I all so fell off the radar for some time. Got into HO model trains for 8 years or so. Well I am finally back into Mopar and enjoying the site again!

PM me your number and we will talk some time again.

Your friend, Ken 
I am back

dual fours

Quote from: 440 Fanatic on March 22, 2014, 12:38:44 PM
Odd that you'd mention the mice thing,, as yesterday I saw a mouse come up to
Heisenberg's food bowl and stole a bite from it as he simply watched it happen.
I was like  "WTF"?
lol
This literally happened yesterday .

BTW Dual,  Simon's name comes from the same game of "Simon Says"
When challenged, Simon Says "YOU LOSE",,lol
Ole Heisenberg thinks maybe about Mr. Mouse, my food Ok, the cars NO WAY :smash:, or I'll just follow you back to your nest.
Maybe Mr. Mouse will bring a friend tomorrow for lunch? :smash: :smash:

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

69wannabe

Charge69 your charger looks awesome and it's a HEMI!!!!!! That HEMI looks bada$$ in there and your car looks alot like more show than what I would call a driver!! ;D Mine is what I consider a driver  :yesnod:  Maybe one of these days I can afford to toss a hemi under the hood of my old car but I doubt it. I am pretty happy with my RB wedge for the moment, it gets me to town and back so that works for me! :icon_smile_big:

xoman60

I hear ya wannabe. Im right there with you. Im just glad mine is running.

charge69

Well, I guess you could call mine a "high-end" driver! Ha!  I only call it a driver because I do drive it around here and it has yet to see its' first car show!  Yeah,  I was lucky enough to trip over this car a long time ago (1976) and it is a real HEMI R/T with the numbers-matching engine still in it!

Back to the Charger in this thread originally!  It will be a great restoration and I am looking forward to the pictures!

440 Fanatic

Quote from: cudaken on March 22, 2014, 07:20:42 PM

440 Fanatic, good to see you on the site again! Boy it been a long time! Think it was, what 15 years ago since you drove up to my house for a visit?  :scratchchin: You might notices my spelling does not suck as much as in the old days when we became friends!  :lol:

I all so fell off the radar for some time. Got into HO model trains for 8 years or so. Well I am finally back into Mopar and enjoying the site again!

PM me your number and we will talk some time again.

Your friend, Ken 

Heya KEN,  Great to see you on again Bro !!!!!
You are right,  it's been almost 15 years since I came up to your place to buy the 906 heads, and got a great ride in the RoadRunner (Mrs. Lumpy :)  I think you called her.

Dude, I REALLY enjoyed the visit !!  I will Never forget it.  BTW,, those 906 heads are still on my Charger and Simon is running PERFECTLY !!!!!

tubedriver

VegasCharger

Quote from: 440 Fanatic on March 22, 2014, 05:40:39 AM
It's been a while since I've been on here, and I was looking at some pics on the PC and a ran across one I  thought I'd share with you good folks.
Currently, my 68 Charger is not only my daily driver,  out of 3 cars, it's the only one that runs.
The pic is of Simon(my charger) and Heisenberg(my cat).

Now that is a bad ass 68. Bad ass EVIL picture. Save that one for Halloween time. For me with that Charger running like a top it would be very hard for me to interrupt it as a daily driver. I would drive the HELL  :naughty: out of it. Looks like you got your own private BAT entrance LOL. I'm definitely pulling that pic into my archives.

Welcome back  :cheers:

Cooter

Quote from: 440 Fanatic on March 22, 2014, 01:43:42 PM
If anyone wants to see the movie "Christine"  which has an awesome Fury and a Very nice '68 Charger,,here is a link :
http://www.sockshare.com/file/EF8B4V6KMFSCC04#

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"