News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Most hated man in USA Fred Phelps is dead

Started by WINGMAN, March 20, 2014, 03:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WINGMAN

I live near Topeks Ks and this man was a blight on the USA. by by Fred!!
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,

Mytur Binsdirti

flyinlow

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Steve P.

I normally do not take pleasure in anyone's death. In this case, LET'S PARTY!!!!!!  :cheers:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Steve P.

Quote from: TruckDriver on March 20, 2014, 04:29:10 PM
Who? I never heard of him  :shruggy:

He was the Gay Bashing church leader from Kansas that organized protests of soldiers funerals.

Headline: " Fred Phelps -- the founding pastor of a Kansas church known for its virulently ... protests at public events, including military funerals -- has died.. "
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

bull

Who? I never heard of him  :shruggy:

He's that clown who founded the Westboro Baptist Church. Last I heard he was excommunicated anyway (perhaps he wasn't nutty enough anymore) but there's been a bunch of false information surrounding the news on that "church" lately so who knows. I'm not his judge but I would imagine he's now waiting in a long line among a lot of other pukes in a well-heated room.

Troy

I don't know that he qualifies as "the most hated man" in the US but he certainly knew how to make enemies. He also ceded control of the church to others and hasn't run things in a while. On the brighter side, he likely did more good than harm as he was the inspiration for many to "fight back". Basically he will have left his mark on the world - but probably not what he wanted.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

69CoronetRT

Quote from: Troy on March 20, 2014, 04:52:25 PM
....he likely did more good than harm as he was the inspiration for many to "fight back".

Troy

:yesnod:

From the Patriot Guard website:

"Our main mission is to attend the funeral services of fallen American heroes as invited guests of the family. Each mission we undertake has two basic objectives:
1. Show our sincere respect for our fallen heroes, their families, and their communities.
2. Shield the mourning family and their friends from interruptions created by any protestor or group of protestors.
We accomplish the latter through strictly legal and non-violent means."

Fred was a great recruiter for the Patriot Guard.  :cheers:
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

TruckDriver

Ok Steve and Curtis, I know who he is now. I just forgot the name. That said...  :2thumbs:  :boogie:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Tilar

I never associated him with the "fighting back" idea, but on the same note he and his crew caused the situation that people needed to fight back against. People could go to his funeral and rally that he is gone, surround the church and sing like they did in the Wizard of Oz "Ding dong that old bastard is finally dead".

Quote from: bull on March 20, 2014, 04:39:07 PM
I'm not his judge but I would imagine he's now waiting in a long line among a lot of other pukes in a well-heated room.

I suspect you're pretty close to the mark, at a minimum he's cowering down and doing a lot of explaining.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

68X426

Who? I never heard of him  :shruggy:

He was a mean mean person.  And a coward.

Here's what his ugliness inspired:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Troy

Not just soldiers, he (and the church) were also very active against gays. Lots of gay rights advocates became involved specifically to fight these guys.

Troy

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Troy on March 20, 2014, 04:52:25 PM
I don't know that he qualifies as "the most hated man" in the US but he certainly knew how to make enemies. He also ceded control of the church to others and hasn't run things in a while. On the brighter side, he likely did more good than harm as he was the inspiration for many to "fight back". Basically he will have left his mark on the world - but probably not what he wanted.

Troy

Yup!   Fred was a lawyer and I hear in the 60's he was the go to guy for minorities and the little people fighting the big company or people. An underdog lawyer so to speak. He really went off the deep end years ago.

Todd

Steve P.

I read that on his death bed he asked forgiveness for all of the pain and injustices he caused others in recent years. It's funny how when people know they are close to the end, they suddenly become something close to resembling a human!!  :eek2:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

WINGMAN

The WBC pickets all the time here in Topeka, Lots of kids holding sings that say God hates the USA and all kinds of BS. I cant understand why no one has shot them unless the use the kids so that wont happen.  :Twocents: (Wingman)
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,

2Gunz

They are not having a Funeral for him.....

Wonder why?    LOL

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Troy on March 21, 2014, 09:56:17 AM
Not just soldiers, he (and the church) were also very active against gays.

It wasn't the soldiers per se that they picketed, they believed that God was punishing the soldiers for defending a society that tolerated homosexuality/abortion.  IOW, the whole thing was rooted in homophobia.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Troy

Quote from: John_Kunkel on March 21, 2014, 03:15:34 PM
Quote from: Troy on March 21, 2014, 09:56:17 AM
Not just soldiers, he (and the church) were also very active against gays.

It wasn't the soldiers per se that they picketed, they believed that God was punishing the soldiers for defending a society that tolerated homosexuality/abortion.  IOW, the whole thing was rooted in homophobia.
Yes, they were at funerals for soldiers because they blamed all sorts of things. The anti-protest groups were created to shield the funerals from the protesters. The fact that protesters were at funerals with anti-gay slogans is what helped motivate gay rights activists. Different groups with different agendas and visible in different places. These guys could use a single event to make all sorts of other groups angry with them.

Troy

Steve P.

Agreed. I would love to have been on the side keeping those asshats away. I am a firm believer in personal rights. Sure, I believe they have the right to be there. I hope they don't mind my right to shove their signs up their asses... ANYONE that would disrupt a soldiers funeral deserves a trip to the hospital if you ask me...  :flame:

Semper Fi
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

ITSA426

I don't think he is worth this much dialogue.  His death, his funeral, everything he built and stood for, should just be ignored.  It's hard for me to believe anyone can speak such hatred in the name of God.

Troy

Quote from: ITSA426 on March 21, 2014, 04:25:54 PM
I don't think he is worth this much dialogue.  His death, his funeral, everything he built and stood for, should just be ignored.  It's hard for me to believe anyone can speak such hatred in the name of God.
Fixed it! Whatever the excuse, it's not convincing.

Troy

flyinlow

Wonder where he will get buried?  Might be worth a road trip. Eat lots of White Castles and burito's on the way there.

Old Moparz

Protesting his funeral only drags you to his level, a very low one, & gives the blood sucking media something to cover that's less important & only a distraction. What he did was completely wrong & now the pile of s**t is in the ground that won't even be good enough to use as fertilizer.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

remta1

Quote from: flyinlow on March 21, 2014, 07:18:57 PM
Wonder where he will get buried?  Might be worth a road trip. Eat lots of White Castles and burito's on the way there.

:rofl: