News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

An NHRA Thread? Why not...

Started by Moparman01, March 17, 2014, 08:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stretch

Love the NHRA. Have held season tickets to route 66 raceway Joliet Illinois sense the first race.
I may be schizophrenic but at least I have us!

Moparman01

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on February 08, 2015, 03:17:48 AM
It's fugly.
Sure is!! The street camero's are fugly as hell, the pro-stocker looks just as bad! I always say the new camero's look like a cheap, over exaggerated, crappy toy you'd buy at Wal-Mart!!

charger1972

Good start to the season for top fuel funny car . Pro stock .... not so much .

Ghoste

Quote from: Moparman01 on February 07, 2015, 10:50:42 PMI think Mopar has really missed the boat not putting more into the drag racing program, we have the most stout muscle car on the planet in our corner but nothing really in racing to promote it!!  :brickwall:

I think as long as it is held by foreign companies we will never see much put into drag racing again.  Daimler didn't understand it and I doubt Fiat does either.  :Twocents:

charger1972

So Johnson had tire shake and didn't get past second round in pro stock . But Hagan won , again .  :2thumbs:

charger1972

Johnson 2nd place in pro stock . And , another win for Hagan .  :2thumbs:

XS29L

Is anyone going to the New England Nationals in Epping NH this weekend ?
MOPAR OR NO CAR !!

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: XS29L on June 11, 2015, 09:27:53 PM
Is anyone going to the New England Nationals in Epping NH this weekend ?

Going Sat.......

Haven't seen a full fuel show since 91.........

:drool5:

Charger_Dart

I'm headed there on Sunday, looking forward to some good racing.
68 Charger R/T & 68 Dart GT Convertible

XS29L

Going Saturday and Sunday.  We'll be sitting at 1000 foot on the pit side. Probably wearing my Mopar hat and cheering for Allen Johnson and Matt Hagan.
MOPAR OR NO CAR !!

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: XS29L on June 12, 2015, 05:21:52 PM
Going Saturday and Sunday.  We'll be sitting at 1000 foot on the pit side. Probably wearing my Mopar hat and cheering for Allen Johnson and Matt Hagan.

Other side, starting line, near the top.

I'll wave to ya. :yesnod:

I'll be wearing my Dodge hat and cheering all things Mopar........and Allen in particular.

XS29L

Right back at ya !  Hope Mopars sweep in every class !
MOPAR OR NO CAR !!

charger1972

So Schumacher continues to dominate top fuel , and FINALLY  a win in pro-stock .   :2thumbs:

charger1972

Beckman beats Force in Denver. And after an epic long staging duel , Johnson finishes runner up to Morgan .   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RoCLe0FAs4

John_Kunkel

AJ sleeps at the wheel and then throws a temper tantrum when he loses...make you proud to be a Mopar fan?
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

myk

Yes, because now I feel like we have something in common....

charger1972

Well , to lose at that particular race track ..... when you were favored to win , and in front of your sponsors . I think it`s understandable . And he joked about it later .

charger1972

Wow . What a final . Pro-stock sucked because two camaros  , but top fuel and funny car .... Kallita beats Antron in an awesome pedal fest . And funny car, Hagan beats Beckman after they both barely make it down the track . Guess the track went away at the end . Was fun to watch .

XS29L

Is anyone planning to attend the New England Nationals this weekend ?
MOPAR OR NO CAR !!

thedodgeboys

It's dead Jim....  :smilielol:

So Mopar has pulled out of pro stock that leaves pro stock an all Chevy field now  :eek2:

It's getting so a guy can't watch a pro sport anymore

Moparman01

Quote from: thedodgeboys on December 12, 2016, 05:27:08 PM
It's dead Jim....  :smilielol:

So Mopar has pulled out of pro stock that leaves pro stock an all Chevy field now  :eek2:

It's getting so a guy can't watch a pro sport anymore

Allen & Roy Johnson are staying committed to running Mopars in PS, i'm doubting they will be much more competitive than they were this year tho. A couple other part time small teams are sticking with Dart body Mopar power too, but they are cars that never get out of first round unfortunately. Maybe it's just sour grapes but i'm sure i'm not the only that thinks something not so kosher was going on with NHRA and Pro-stock this year, i mean look how much better those 2 K&B Summit cameros were than the rest of the field? But, i also have a theory about why things didn't go so well for Elite, Erica and Jeggie with Mopar this year. First of all, Elite has had problems in the past with money/sponsorship. Elite is a bowtie team, my theory is Elite took the deal with Mopar, pocketed the money and used it for R&D with their other 2 chevy teams rather than putting any real effort into the Darts. After basically "throwing" the season, they used the poor performance as a way out with Mopar, with a few bucks in their pockets and plenty of data for their chevy's next year, i truly believe they screwed Mopar over. I could be wrong, it's a just a thought, otherwise NHRA with out doubt had something to do with Mopars being very slow, and the chevy's being so much ahead, it's happened before hasn't it? Also, i can't imagine NHRA is to happy with their poster boy John Force routinely getting beaten by the DSR Mopars lol, i got nothing against John Force but it is nice to see the total domination of funny car being handled by the Charger bodied Mopars of the field!! Hopefully that continues next season, but PS is gonna suck for sure.       

c00nhunterjoe

Nhra is killing the sport. They could care less about us in the sportsman classes and make it well known. The pros are not bringing the spectators anymore and all of the car counts are way down across the board. If you win a sportsman class, you dont even break even. The new rules coming down the grapevine this year to try and save money are absurd..... like no tech inspections..... the stock and superstock crew blew up over that one.....