News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

An NHRA Thread? Why not...

Started by Moparman01, March 17, 2014, 08:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger1972

Pro stock Allen Johnson runner up and Matt Hagan wins funny-car and takes the points lead .  :2thumbs:

Moparman01

Big announcement coming from John Force Racing tomorrow on which manufacture JFR will be running with next season!! AND at the same time MOPAR is debuting what appears to be next years Funny Car body, could the 2 be related??? John Force Racing with MOPAR? A lot of chatter on Facebook, people saying JFR's announcement and Mopars Funny Car (as it appears) will be John Force's Funny Car debut, but it's all just speculation, have to wait till 4:26pm (7:26 on the east coast for me) to find out! Honestly it looks promising that Force might be partnering up with Dodge, but i'm trying not to get my hopes up just yet....   

charger1972

That would be cool . And if they can pick up Erica for pro-stock , maybe a three car team ?

JB400

His sponsor is going to be Peak.

Moparman01

Anybody know what happened to John Forces announcement about what manufacture he'll be running with next year?? Announcement was supposed to be back on Tuesday but nothing has been said nor does anything come up in a google search. Mopars Charger funny car was debuted on Tuesday with DSR, no mention about Force. Really never thought Force would go Mopar, it would be great but looks like it ain't gonna happen! Now if we could just score Erica Enders on to Mopars side....

Ghoste

Yes Erica would be a good choice.  I think its all up to Chrysler (Fiat) though as there isn't really any brand loyalty in drag racing at the pro level.  Never has been.  In any professional motorsport for that matter.  If they aren't coming to the Pentastar its because they havn't been offered enough money yet.

charger1972

Quote from: Ghoste on November 06, 2014, 06:30:18 AM
Yes Erica would be a good choice.  I think its all up to Chrysler (Fiat) though as there isn't really any brand loyalty in drag racing at the pro level.  Never has been.  In any professional motorsport for that matter.  If they aren't coming to the Pentastar its because they havn't been offered enough money yet.
That`s a depressing statement , and I`m  sure it has a lot of truth to it . But I`m gonna watch Allen Johnson like he is a hardcore Mopar or no car kind of guy . And think of " back in the day " racers like Garlits , Landy , Sox & Martin cause they are true Mopar heroes .

Ghoste

Although Garlits did start in a Ford, Landy in a Ford as well, and Ronnie Sox in a Chev then a Mercury and then Plymouth.  Garlits switched because of the Hemi but the other two came on board for the money initially.  I consider them true Mopar guys as well but I think the pro drivers have generally always followed the money. :Twocents:

charger1972

Wow , did not know that . But I`m going to block it out .

Ghoste

Worth noting that when the money left they stayed Mopar.  (Sox did a nostalgia ride in a Ford many years later but we can give him a pass)

Moparman01

AJ and Jeggie seem like true Mopar Or No Car kinda guys, both have been running Mopars for many years. I would suppose however, if Mopar pulled it's drag racing support completely and GM or Ford made them a good offer they would probably switch brands. Highly unlikely that would or will ever happen but i see what you are saying, racers go where the money is! Kinda sad really, but i get it. John Force has been a hardcore ford guy for a long time now, then ford went and dumped him (and all drag racing support), now he'll be with another manufacture and he will promote them like he did ford. I sure wish it were Mopar, but i guess the manufacture sill has not been announced yet, at least i can't find anything. My bet is on Toyota, i think they have the deep pockets to throw someone like Force a better deal than GM or Chrysler could put on the table.   

Ghoste

Jeggie?  He's run GM likely more than Mopar and he has already switched from GM to Mopar, back to GM and then to us.  It'd be nice to see him stay though.

charger1972

Man , Erica is good . She won the race and the championship . And awesome race , Hagan beats Force and wins the championship ! :2thumbs:

JB400

John Force is supposed to finally announce his manufacturer this afternoon.  Any guesses?

Ghoste

wingcar

Many are saying Chevy, as in Camaro.  But, the bottomline is....does it really matter since no matter the body, they are all powered by a HEMI anyway.  He's been a Mopar guy all along, just wearing a different suit!
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Ghoste

Can Chevrolet afford to sponsor a fuel Funny Car right now?

charger1972

Better than Toyota I guess .

Ghoste

JB400

Must be wanting to slow down in his old age :icon_smile_big:

wingcar

Quote from: JB400 on January 15, 2015, 02:27:58 PM
Must be wanting to slow down in his old age :icon_smile_big:

Good one.............. :smilielol:
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Moparman01

Well another NHRA season is upon us! But, i'm not as excited about it as i wish i could be, i so badly wish Mopar had the brains (or the $$$) to have got John Force on board...really sucks seeing him in a camero. But at least DSR is looking good, the new Charger body (ok decals) look pretty cool! Pro-stock however, is looking pretty bleak this year, Allen Johnson is literally the only competitive Dodge in a sea of crappy looking camero's. Why did Jeg Coughlin decide to sit out this season? I see he must have took Jegs sponsorship with him, AJ Racing is still fielding 2 cars but with a different driver and sponsor. Looks like chevy will have it made in the Pro-stock class unless Dodge really gives the money to AJ to fight them, and with Force in "chevy's" chevy will have their name out front a lot this year, man this sucks!! Makes me wanna... :puke: I think Mopar has really missed the boat not putting more into the drag racing program, we have the most stout muscle car on the planet in our corner but nothing really in racing to promote it!!  :brickwall:

JB400

You'd think Chevy could design a better looking Pro Stock than this one:

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............