News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

An NHRA Thread? Why not...

Started by Moparman01, March 17, 2014, 08:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Agreed but even though I still love Pro Stock those cars sure are getting massaged bodies.  Won't be long and they'll be as goofy shaped as the Funny Cars have become.

thedodgeboys

Speaking of funny cars I wonder what team force will drive after ford leaves the sport at the end of the year?

Ghoste

charger1972

Mopar4me

Dodge Pro Stocker's have won 5 out of the 9 events so far! Keep it up boys! Hopefully another championship.

Charger4404spd

I have to laugh at all the Toyota stickers all over the fuel cars. :lol:
Congrats Jeg!

GPULLER

Congrats Jeg!  Was a tricky track for Pro Stock, well everyone actually.  I had picked AJ to win, but went out in the first round.

XS29L

Anyone going to the New England nats. This weekend ?
MOPAR OR NO CAR !!

charger1972

Well , not so good in pro stock this week but .... Mopar funny car win .

XS29L

The weather was much better this year. Highs in the mid 70s and dry with a slight breeze.  Can't wait until next year !
MOPAR OR NO CAR !!

Ghoste

Was there some issue with the track operators and the public?

Moparman01

Quote from: Ghoste on May 30, 2014, 05:23:55 AM
My prediction is Toyota.

That's exactly what i said in my first post, when ford leaves i'll bet money John Force Racing will go to toyota. BUT, he's been a hardcore ford guy for many years, just because they are not gonna back NHRA teams anymore does that mean he can't stick with the "mustang" bodies anyways? Still believe toyota will throw a sh*t ton of money at him and that's where he'll go, you know Dodge just won't pony up the cash to get Force even tho with his marketability and extremely strong team it would be the best thing in the world for MOPAR! I still believe grabbing Erica Enders-Stevens away from chevy would be a GREAT move on Dodge's part as well! Been a rough couple weeks in Pro-stock, but at least they are running good and we got a good win and a final round appearance 2 weeks in a row Funny car by Capps!!

Ghoste

I think Force is strictly driven by the dollar sign and could not care less about personal preference.

GPULLER

He's gonna be match racing and pulling out the old bodies out of the rafters.  (Just a guess)  ;D

charger1972

How cool is it to win at your sponsors race ?

Ghoste

Moparman01

Man that was an exciting race!!! All MOPAR final in Pro Stock for MOPARS own sponsored event, talk about a storybook ending!!  :2thumbs: But, i've said this time and time again, Erica Enders is sitting out the next couple races due to lack of sponsorship and funds, hey MOPAR...WAKE UP!! Give that girl a full time ride in a Hemi Dart and get her outta the chebbie!! At least Erica being out gives AJ and Jeg a chance to catch up with that huge points lead she has right now!! Anyway, it was great all the coverage they gave to Dodge and the new HellCat, the classic Challenger and the HellCat looked great side by side on the strip, but i bet the thin air up there did not help the '71 Challenger get down the track! Well, on to the next round, let's hope it's another Mopar dominated event!!   

charger1972

Quote from: Moparman01 on July 23, 2014, 03:18:44 PM
Man that was an exciting race!!! All MOPAR final in Pro Stock for MOPARS own sponsored event, talk about a storybook ending!!  :2thumbs: But, i've said this time and time again, Erica Enders is sitting out the next couple races due to lack of sponsorship and funds, hey MOPAR...WAKE UP!! Give that girl a full time ride in a Hemi Dart and get her outta the chebbie!! At least Erica being out gives AJ and Jeg a chance to catch up with that huge points lead she has right now!! Anyway, it was great all the coverage they gave to Dodge and the new HellCat, the classic Challenger and the HellCat looked great side by side on the strip, but i bet the thin air up there did not help the '71 Challenger get down the track! Well, on to the next round, let's hope it's another Mopar dominated event!!   
Was thinking the same thing . Someone that good wont be without a sponsor for long .

Ghoste

Not to mention the publicity angle whenever she beats the guys.  Hard to believe but after this long a girl in racing is still a story.

Moparman01

Quote from: Ghoste on July 24, 2014, 08:28:05 AM
Not to mention the publicity angle whenever she beats the guys.  Hard to believe but after this long a girl in racing is still a story.
I don't think it's to much of a story any more in NHRA as it is in NASCAR. The big difference is most of the girls of NHRA actually do well and win races! They don't get anywhere near the hype Danica gets in NASCAR who mostly rides around 2, 3, 4...laps down every week! The Force girls, Enders, and even Alexis Dejoria all run well week in and week out and are fully capable of winning races. You are right Ghoste, the plublicity would be great for Dodge/Mopar if they'd pick up a couple of these girls!!

JB400

Is Angelle Sampey still running Pro Stock bikes?  I always enjoyed seeing her run.

Ghoste

I agree 100% that it's much much less of a story in drag racing than it is NASCAR.  Of course NASCAR has become more and more like a reality show so they need to keep the behind the scenes drama going. (to me anyway)

charger1972

I`m a little late but , pro stock not so good . Funny car very good .  :2thumbs:

Moparman01

Yeah it's not looking good for Mopar in Pro-stock this year, i think Jason Line and Erica Enders are gonna battle it out for the title this time around. Eric is definitely deserving of it, she's a hell of a racer, just makes me sick to see a chevy getting a championship. Jeggie and AJ have run well this year no doubt, hope they can step it up these last few events and get that 3rd straight trophy!!!

GPULLER

Quote from: JB400 on July 24, 2014, 11:15:53 PM
Is Angelle Sampey still running Pro Stock bikes?  I always enjoyed seeing her run.

She is back, just ran in Texas over the weekend.  Think she qualified 10th but went out in the 1st round.