News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

An NHRA Thread? Why not...

Started by Moparman01, March 17, 2014, 08:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moparman01

With Dodge being long gone from Nascar i have pretty much abandoned all intrest in Nascar, i just can't bring myself to root for chivy or phord, and sure as hell not the rice!! With that said, last season i took up full intrest in the NHRA Mellow Yellow Drag Series and enjoyed every minute of it, especially the Funny Cars, and best of them all the Pro-Stock class, which has some amazingly close racing!! I love the strong MOPAR presence!! I haven't really been a fan of the new Darts, they are OK for everyday econo-boxes, but i was quite impressed with the new Darts drag racing debut last night with Jeg Coughlin and Allen Johnson, the cars looked really good! Hemi-Darts back on the strip, so to speak!

So what's everyone elses take on the NHRA Drag series? There are a few things i would love to see happen. Next year, ford has anounced it's leaving drag racing, which will leave John Force Racing with out a manufacture sponser. If Chrylser/Dodge/MOPAR were smart (and we know they usually are NOT) they should be ringing Force's phone off the hook to try and make a deal for them to run under the Mopar banner and run Charger bodies next season! That would be cool in my book! Yes yes i know inside ALL funny cars are technically Mopars being all powered by blown Hemi's based right on the gen2 Hemi, but adding the Mopar logo's and bodys brings it all home. If i were a betting man, my guess would be toyota will put up the big number and bring Jonh Force racing to the ricer world, sad but we'll see. Another driver i would love to see go Mopar would be Erica Enders-Stevens, she's a pretty damn good racer and they mention all the time how her and Allen Johnson are "best of freinds", he should pull some strings and get her out of the bow ties and over to Team MOPAR! That would not be bad PR for Dodge either, a good looking girl that's also a good race car driver as well!! Which brings me to my next point. There are quite a few female racers in the NHRA, and unlike Nascar they aren't WAY overly hyped up by the media AND they actually acomplish something in their race cars, they win from time to time!

So this season is off to a good start, 2 wins in 3 races, plus been to finals all three events in Pro-stock, now just gotta get the funny cars of Ron Caps and Matt Hagen running better, which i'm sure will happen, i'm gonna enjoy this season just like last year!! TEAM MOPAR!!     

Ghoste

Always followed it and stopped caring about NASCAR a long long time ago. :2thumbs:

XS29L

Count me in , I eat sleep and breath drag racing.  Any bracket racers out there?
MOPAR OR NO CAR !!

TUFCAT

I second that Ghoste....all my favorite Nascar drivers are either dead - or retired.  :brickwall:

held1823

what's not to like? both j&j racing drivers are well spoken, classy guys, who happen to be the two most recent world champs in pro stock.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

held1823

v should have his dart ready in the near future. the mean teeth theme notwithstanding, it's the sharpest looking one of the lot.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Moparman01

dyslexic teddybear

Why not?

Still watch Nascar some.....if there's nothing else to do. Between Nas-hendrick-car and no Dodges.....not very interested.

NHRA.....count me in.

JB400

Best thing I like about NHRA is the fact they let you interact with the drivers and teams, and not behind a fence or window either.  A person can actually watch them tune the cars in real time.  Most of the teams have 8x11 cards that fans can get to autographs with and hang up on the wall.

A Nascar race is an event.  An NHRA race is an experience.

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: JB400 on March 17, 2014, 11:58:07 PM
Best thing I like about NHRA is the fact they let you interact with the drivers and teams, and not behind a fence or window either.  A person can actually watch them tune the cars in real time.  Most of the teams have 8x11 cards that fans can get to autographs with and hang up on the wall.

A Nascar race is an event.  An NHRA race is an experience.

:iagree:

A very different feel.......much better.

Cooter

Too much like the money sport NASCAR is. Gimme the good ol days.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

HemiFish

I love the Mopar Pro Stockers. Great job by A.J. winning the Gators...  :2thumbs: But my faves are the SS/AH cars. Those cars ROCK!  :punkrocka:

Cooter

We gotta class here called "Gear jammers". Some of them guys AND girls can drive a Chrysler 4Speed.

Essentially sounds like a slipping 727. Love it. Grass roots racing.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

odcics2

a couple a pics...
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Moparman01

:2thumbs: Sweet pics!! The new Dart does make a great looking Pro Stocker!!

XS29L

Any predictions for the upcoming Vegas race? Hope Allen Johnson puts them all on the trailer ......AGAIN !!!
MOPAR OR NO CAR !!

Moparman01

I'd like to see all 3 of them, AJ, Jeggie, and V send'em all home early!!! An all Mopar final would be sweet, it's already happened once this year, lets do it again!!!

charger1972

Well nobody has posted here in awhile , and it was a Mopar VS Mopar finish ......

JB400

Haven't had the ability to watch much this year, but I do have to say the Camaro pro stock cars are ugly :eek2:

charger1972

Yeah , the Dart is way better looking . But I`m a little biased .

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Ghoste

Next stop, Englishtown for the Summer Nationals.

Mopar4me

Quote from: JB400 on May 26, 2014, 09:26:10 PM
Haven't had the ability to watch much this year, but I do have to say the Camaro pro stock cars are ugly :eek2:
in general Camaro's are ugly,

c00nhunterjoe

I like stock, super stock and the .90 classes. Running in super gas is a real challenge.

sstcuda

Quote from: Ghoste on May 27, 2014, 05:37:30 AM
Next stop, Englishtown for the Summer Nationals.

I am going Friday, I go every year. The sportsman cars are really where it's at in my opinion it's better competition and racing. Pro Mod and Pro Stock is the best catagories as far as a professional category. You can't beat 16 cars qualifying within .02 of each other :yesnod: