News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Do they make grey adhesive R/T stripes for a '68?

Started by MxRacer855, March 15, 2014, 06:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MxRacer855

I've been looking,  but the typical white, red, and black are all I can find.

-Jeff

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

MxRacer855

Ghoste

And for anyone not wanting to duplicate the factory decal exactly, any graphics shop in your area should be able to make you a set in vinyl.  A little different texture than the oem style and slightly thicker but an alternative nonetheless.

myk

Quote from: Ghoste on March 16, 2014, 08:13:08 AM
And for anyone not wanting to duplicate the factory decal exactly, any graphics shop in your area should be able to make you a set in vinyl.  A little different texture than the oem style and slightly thicker but an alternative nonetheless.

Would the vinyl be more or less durable?  Is it....removable?

Ghoste

That would be better asked of the vendor.  I think they can do different qualities depending on your wallet. 

myk

Quote from: Ghoste on March 16, 2014, 08:23:30 AM
That would be better asked of the vendor.  I think they can do different qualities depending on your wallet. 

I see.  Well, I've been thinking about breaking up the sea of orange on wheels with some non-R/T stripes, however I'm not sure if I could live with that look or not.  I wish I could just take things like stripes, body colors, wheels and whatever off on a whim, lol...

Ghoste

I think you could likely even get something as temporary as a static cling one made if you wanted it really temporary.

JamieZ

You could mask it and plasti dip stripes on it.  Lots of videos/info out there (it's big in the tuner world).  Very removable.

Cooter

Myk, just get em done in magnets. I had these on the GL long before CrzyC's decal kits came out.
looked great and worked. Stayed on at over 70 mph. (75 zone :D)..
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

redmist

Plastidip is another great option for this kind of stuff. I plan to try the stripes with the plastidip.
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.