News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ease of entry?

Started by lloyd3, March 12, 2014, 03:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike DC

The interiors of these cars reflect the fact that the platform was designed to work with manual steering.  The steering wheel is not only big in diameter but also close to the driver, which helps to get leverage on it.

The high location/angle of the steering wheel makes more sense when you realize that the B-body dashboard & firewall area was the same on 4dr cars.  Imagine the front seat sitting a bit higher up & closer on a 4dr (and the cabin also having a taller roof) and the steering column/wheel arrangement makes more sense. 

Ghoste

You know I never really thought about that before Mike.

tucknroll

my only problem is my left foot wants to go right where the dimmer switch is.

lloyd3

There is another thread discussing the Mopar 6-way seat now.  From reading it, I'm thinking that installing one might solve most of the issues mentioned here. From what I'm gathering, a number of us are somewhat bigger and (slightly?) older than we were when we first started playing with these cars. Has anyone who installed this option had to make any major modifications or was it a straight bolt-in using the conventional mounting holes and seat frames?

polywideblock

I'm 5'8" only problem I have is  when I have seat close enough to reach peddles, back of seat angle tends to be pushing me in the back .

why didn't mopar follow Chrysler Australia and fit reclining  buckets to all that came buckets  :scratchchin: :shruggy:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

lloyd3

Lots of info out there if you look.

http://www.nicksgarage.com/6way.htm

For 1968, only 1969 6-ways will fit the seats. If I'm reading this right, the 1970 reproductions will not fit the 68 & 69 seats without significant modifications.