News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Haven't been on in a long time

Started by jwilk01, March 14, 2014, 10:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwilk01

Hey guys I haven't been on here in probably a year or more.  I still have my Charger and still in awesome shape.  I have also been getting into a different mopar, Turbo mopars to be exact.  Last June I bought a 1988 Dodge Shadow Shelby CSX-T thrifty rental car.  Its pretty cool, I just finished painting it and looks brand new.  I'll see if I can post some pics.

Later
Josh

nvrbdn

welcome back. new project looks good. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

JB400

Nice looking Shelby :2thumbs:   Done any mods to it?

jwilk01

Thanks.  I am about to pull the engine and convert it to a turbo II and completely detail the engine compartment.  It came from the factory at 200 hp and after the bigger turbo and recalibration of the computer I am hoping for close to 300 hp.  Its a lot of fun to drive but people look at it like its a dodge shadow so it doesn't have the coolness factor of the General Lee!

Mopar4me

Actually it only had 175 H.P. From the factory. The CSX-T was the only Shelby car made a the Whittier assembly made without an intercooler. Your also gonna want to upgrade from the A520 to the A555 or even the A568 if you plan on making 300 H.P. The A520 can barely handle what they made stock. Being a former GLHS owner these car are blast to drive.

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Ghoste

Have to respect those 90's turbo Mopars.  :2thumbs:

jwilk01

Quote from: Mopar4me on March 15, 2014, 12:55:16 PM
Actually it only had 175 H.P. From the factory. The CSX-T was the only Shelby car made a the Whittier assembly made without an intercooler. Your also gonna want to upgrade from the A520 to the A555 or even the A568 if you plan on making 300 H.P. The A520 can barely handle what they made stock. Being a former GLHS owner these car are blast to drive.

Yes they are a blast to drive.  I already have a new transmission, its already been intercooled.  I'm going to add the stage 3 program with 804 injectors and thinking about getting the head all redone with titanium valves, but not sure if I want to put that much in the head for what little you get out of it.

My brother just bought the Shelby Concept car known as the "Birthday Car" it has a 16v turbo engine and it is crazy fast!

Mopar4me

Your brother's lucky I've seen write up on that car, also saw it for sale a couple of years ago on e-bay. All of o'l Shelby's prototypes were wicked fast.  I saw his '86 GLHS that car was a beast. If you don't know a couple of good FWD sites are Turbododge.com and Turbo-Mopar.com, but I'm sure your aware of them.