News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I notice a lot of police officers here...

Started by haueter66, March 10, 2006, 08:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haueter66

just reading through the posts I am noticing quite a nice representation of law enforcement... Where is everyone from and what do you do (if you don't mind saying)

I am a Deputy Sheriff in Stark County, Ohio.  I am currently assigned to the jail division on 3rd shift.

72Rallye440

haueter66,
I'm in Cincinnati Ohio and I'm a sales rep for a sign supply company. How far is Stark County for Cincy?

72Rallye440

Guns N Rotors

I'm not in L.E., but, I'm in Mahoning County.  :wave:
"Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighting aircraft, no matter how highly developed it may be."

jaak

not a law officer, but have paid my fair share of citations, lol.

Paladin

Hauter66,

I am Senior Trooper Ben English, Texas Highway Patrol, Ozona, Texas.  I have patrolled Interstate 10 for the past 20 years while stationed here.  Ozona is the county seat (and only town) in Crockett County, which is over 3,000 square miles.  We are about 70 miles from Mexico, as the crow flies.  And you are right, I have also noticed a lot of officers have this thing about fast cars in general and old Mopars in particular.  Must be a carry over from those 440 pursuit units "back in the day". Or, as my dad said when I told him I was joining the Highway Patrol; "Well, it takes one to catch one."

May God bless America,
Paladin
1966 Ford Thunderbird Town Landau
1971 Dodge Charger R/T
1977 Chrysler Cordoba A35
1979 Dodge Lil' Red Express
1985 Chevrolet Corvette
1985 Dodge Ramcharger
1986 Chevrolet Corvette Roadster
1994 Lincoln Mark VIII
1998 Dodge Sport 2500 V10   
2001 Dodge Durango SLT

Old Moparz

I'm not in that field either, but I did date a girl years ago who was an auxiliary officer. She had handcuffs too.  :D
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

bad1032

15 years till the Volvo decided to take me out on my Police Harley, Leonardtown Maryland.

SuBLimE 69

I've been an officer just North of Atlanta now for 8 years.  We work the absolute worst areas possible mostly goverment housing ect.  Assigned to Specical Ops.   :angel:

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

Wakko

I can't stand cops.  I wish they'd all just go to a big island in the middle of nowhere and eat doughnuts. :icon_smile_dead:
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

TheGhost

Quote from: Wakko on March 10, 2006, 10:10:45 PM
I can't stand cops.  I wish they'd all just go to a big island in the middle of nowhere and eat doughnuts. :icon_smile_dead:

:lol:

I'm not a cop, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night. ;D
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Telvis

I am a retired cop. I retired a year ago last November. I own a swimming pool business and do internal Investigations for Toyota.

Telvis

Especially cops in Florida.. :D

Duey

..the worst ones even drive non-Mopars in their off time... :leaving:

It's al good, Wakko...my mom drove several Buicks and they generally were okay-ish... :P

Cheers,
Duey
73 SE Brougham, F3 , 440, 850 Pro-form, 727 w TA 10", 4.10SG

Crazy Larry

Not a police officer - but I am a proud owner of a Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor. it was an unmarked Detectives Car when I bought it at a police auction.

It was my retaliation to Dodge for bringing out that tub of plastic they call a "Charger" - I never owned a Ford before in my life and I must say, so far I am thoroughly impressed.
High performance everything and the other cars automatically get out of your way when you drive in the fast lane.  :coolgleamA:

I only wish I was a real Cop so I could hit the lights when some a$$ cuts me off.

bull

tipopiola

I thought about going into criminal justice/law enforcement and even went on quite a few ride alongs with Minneaplolis PD, but I couldn't imagine myself in head to toe tight fitting polyester with a horrible moustache, so I gave up on that dream.  Tipopiola :icon_smile_big:

bad1032

As long as the donuts are jelly filled, its not all polyester, sometimes we wear ninja stuff.

RECHRGD

Well, I'm not an officer, but I know they like mopars.  My car won the Idaho State Patrol's award at Lewiston's Hot August Nights a few years back and I've gotten plenty of thumbs up from Cops on the road.  I remember 'back in the day' when I lived in So. Cal., I had a friend who was in the Highway Patrol.  He pulled up next to my new '68 R/T in his big 'ol Dodge cruiser going up Angeles Crest Highway and we punched off together.  I'm sure it had a 440 because even though I pulled away, he did keep up fairly well.  Those were the days.   Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

resq302

Not a police officer but a communications officer (aka 9-1-1 , police,fire, ems dispatch).  Have been doing it now for 5 years now.  I have also been a volunteer fireman for the last 14 years.  Rather be getting paid to be a fireman though.  Oh well, this job keeps the charger hobby going for now at least.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

HAZZARDJOHN

Not and Officer, but My Dad is a Lieutenant in the Minneapolis Police department. He is in the Organized crime Unit (gang). He only buys New fords and drives old chevy's. Likes mopars but has no desire to own one.  :shruggy:
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't fix your brakes, but don't worry I made your horn louder."

SuBLimE 69

I'd be up for that if they have the cinnamon apple filled ones.....and some coffee.

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

Wakko

Nah, white powdered   :drool5:  ...so you get your ugliform all messed up!!!
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

General_01

I am not a police officer, but I have met one or two in my time. :D
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

General_01

Quote from: Telvis on March 11, 2006, 01:29:53 AM

The worst from what I understand. :D
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

TruckDriver

Quote from: General_01 on March 11, 2006, 11:58:07 PM
Quote from: Telvis on March 11, 2006, 01:29:53 AM

The worst from what I understand. :D

Ya, they knock over motorcycles, damage them, then try to cover it up :D
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P