News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hey look, I went for a ride in a cool airplane today...pictures!

Started by AKcharger, March 10, 2006, 08:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

Went up for a ride in an F-15D, lots of fun. These two are Captain Edwards (Pilot) and me...I went for a ride before but never expected to get another so I was happy.

AKcharger

Wingman and inverted dive through clouds

AKcharger

Me strapping in and another inverted dive

AKcharger

I tried to take a picture outside while pulling 6G's...didn't come out good, camera got real heavy

Todd Wilson

Thats SWEET!   That side shot of the wing man is poster material for sure!

Todd

AKcharger

More pictures

AKcharger

Langley AFB at 250kts and Wingman

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Beer

Very Cool, we used to dock near the end of the runway in Anchorage with the SS Greatland (a RO/RO), we would see F-15's on their departures and approaches all the time.

1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

Shakey

Ponch ®

dude...that is simply freaking awesome. I'd give my left you know what for a ride in one of those.

Them pics are sweet too, and I already put one to good use:

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Johnny SixPack

D@mn!!!  :o :o :o

That's too cool, man.  :icon_smile_cool:

And awesome pix too boot.  :yesnod:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

AKcharger

Thanks Guys and cool screen saver Ponch!

here's a few more shots...
End of Runway right before take-off...place where jt gets armed and given las inspection
Another Wingman
Me

RD

hey bill,
   since i saved you 300 dollars last year with that headlight motor, why dont ya pull a couple of strings and get me a flight too! hehe
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

TeeWJay426

Very nice. Here's what I flew in last summer..... the opposite end of the aviation technology spectrum! Somehow I think your ride may have been a wee bit more of an adrenalin rush than mine, but I had a blast all the same.

74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

Telvis

chargerboy69

That is sweet, I am so jealous. . . Great pictures. . . .
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Guns N Rotors

AK,

Thats cool! Good deal.

Isn't it great to play with Uncle Sam's wonderful and deadly toys!
"Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighting aircraft, no matter how highly developed it may be."

Bevs 68

There's nothing like enjoying 8 1/2 G's! I don't know how to post pics here yet, however this entry at Full Speed Fishing (you'd have to register) has my story about a trip up in my friend's Extra 300. I call him Crazy Larry (and he's married to "Mary"... they still haven't seen the film, LOL!)
http://www.fullspeedfishing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6880&highlight=plane

Otherwise here's a story you can view now which shows his plane and Rocky Hill's.
http://www.svcn.com/archives/saratoganews/08.02.00/cover-0031.html
Bev

Proud to be a Mopar Momma!

SuBLimE 69

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

Charger_Fan

Great pics, AK! Thanks! :thumbs:

Two observations; I noticed the pilot has mirrors, I've always wondered if the can see behind them. :icon_smile_big:
I also noticed that the rails on what appears to be the pilot's ejector seat has a lot of the paint rubbed off on the inner tracks...do they frequently slide those seats out for maintenance? I would assume they would periodically, but not real often.

I bet that was a great day. ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

AKcharger

Thanks again guys Bevs and TeeW those little airplanes can actually do more acro than F-15's so i'm sure you guys had some good rides. One advantage the F-15 has is the thrust to sustain the maneuvers, where as a piston engine usually starts to die out...at least that's what I understand.

Charger Fan
- Yup pilot has two mirrors to see behind. Looking out side is still very important even with radar...radar doesn't see aft. So if a bad guy isn't transitting on his radar he will not get picked up by any threat warning gear in your jet so he could sneak up and kill you...which is bad. Now you can "data link" to AWACS and other radars but that is too complicated to explain, but yes still have mirrors, in fact I think the new F-22's have em too, I'll look tomorrow

- Correct about the paint rubbing off he rails, that plane was an 83 model. When it left Mc Donald Douglas all pats were painted in a metallic green primer. then the cockpits were painted in black to avoid glare. that seat has been out probably 100 times. Seats come out at 18 months for pyrotechnic time changes and also come out for unscheduled maintenance like throttle quadrents or usually Forgien Objects in the cockpit which can be mucho bad

AK
-

hemihead

Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

4402tuff4u

Nice ride!, boy you are a lucky man! Can't wait to see the Blue Angels here in NY this summer. Even though they are the F/A-18 Hornet, they are truely awesome. Two years ago we had them put a show in Jones Beach, NY and their practice run was right over the construction site I'm at now. They practiced on Thursday before the Saturday show and the practice was better than the show!! They were buzzing us for about two hours flying 500 - 700 over our heads. Nothing got done those two hours. You could see their helmets they were so low!! The awesome thing is that you see the jet overhead and then seconds later you hear it. The sound those jets put out, is enough to make you go on your pants!!! After seeing the practice runs overhead and see how they sneak up on you, you realize and say to yourself, "boy, I'm lucky that they are in our side!!" :yesnod: :patriot:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

hemi68charger

Ah Man,, AK........ That's awesome. I flew a F-16D back in Oct. I think it was.. Did the whole unrestricted full-afrerburner takeoff from 0 to 14,000ft in 30 seconds....... You flew out of Langley? How did you get yours? I got mine from winning an NCO of the Quarter board. That was your 2nd !!!!  Man, that's great.... Most only dream of it let alone get one and then a second?!    What a charmed life you have....... Those 8.5 G manuveurs were great and VERY stressful on the ole' body...... Mach 1.1 was pretty cool too...

Here's me during my flight.. I wasn't allowed to take a camera for FOD reasons.....

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection