News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

279 mph!

Started by twodko, March 11, 2014, 10:52:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

DAY CLONA

Actually it was 270.49, but who's counting :icon_smile_big: impressive honors for the Venom, the 2013 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport  made a 269.86 run at the Ehra Lessien track this year, unfortunately for team Hennessey, the Bugatti still holds the record at 258 MPH...yes 258 MPH because they ran in both directions for an avg speed, the Venom only made 1 pass, basically a 2 way pass is required for top honors in the books, plus fastest production car bragging rights due to the fact that a mfg must make over 30 cars a year, Hennessey has only produced 11 cars total to date, Bugatti has passed the 300 car production mark currently, Bugatti is also currently striving for 300 MPH in the newest Veyron  

twodko

The ride looked nice and smooth during the entire run.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Homerr

Wow, up to 220mph looked easy!

6spd68

The sound that engine makes...  I think I just came...  :drool5:

160 in my car seems like nothing now lol
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

Mopar4me

If I wanted to go that fast I would rather do it like this www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWBaAOyY5CY . Lee Sicillio's Charger Daytona on the Bonneville salt flats. Love that sound of the turbochargerd Ray Barton Hemi. There's also a couple of other videos of the car on the dyno and speed runs.

DAY CLONA

Quote from: 6spd68 on March 11, 2014, 04:34:20 PM
The sound that engine makes...  I think I just came...  :drool5:

160 in my car seems like nothing now lol

Don't look under the hood!...as you will surely lose your stiffy :icon_smile_big:...it's GM powered (which is OK in my book, it's just a machine, nothing more)

1974dodgecharger

pettybird

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on March 12, 2014, 01:27:22 AM
yawn..... ::)

Pretty much.  I hate being a fanboy for the super rich's toys but there's the Veyron and there's everything else.

Cooter

Super rich's toys.... :D
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

6spd68

Quote from: DAY CLONA on March 11, 2014, 10:54:30 PM

Don't look under the hood!...as you will surely lose your stiffy :icon_smile_big:...it's GM powered (which is OK in my book, it's just a machine, nothing more)

It could have a Daiwoo engine for all I care, if the performance and driveablility is there, that's all I need.  I'm a true CAR GUY, I don't let silly things like brand loyalty dictate what I like.  Sure, I'm not a fan of ricer/tuner cars, but I can still appreciate a well built machine.  Having a GM powerplant is no different.  :2thumbs:

To be honest, super cars like this one on the street really don't do it for me.  The look of them is just off, I'd feel like a clown driving around the city in something like that.  High-end for me would be a nice Ferarri or something along those lines.  These what I call "Bubble Top" super cars seem like something I'd only really want to drive at a track.  (I'm sure they're tons more fun this way anyway)  Zonda anyone???
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

JB400

I see nothing wrong with super rich toys.  They're doing the R and D for us so that'll be cheaper for us to use.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

RallyeMike

Quoteyawn..... Roll Eyes

Until youve actually tried to go fast you have no frickin idea what an accomplishment this is, rich boy toy or not. 270 for car that will also drive on the street is nothing short of being equatable to the moon landing!
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/